Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Where are the plug sockets and how many in 2007 California ????

Chico

Chico

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Where are the plug sockets in my 2007 Cali , i've found x2 behind the passenger seat , one continental , one a single plug hole ( whats this for ). Is there a UK x3 pin socket somewhere . Also when i plug in to 240 volt hook up with extension lead which plug socket then can power a laptop etc . What can the plugs actually power without being plugged in to 240 V?? Finally how do i plug a x3 pin UK plug in to the continental socket behind the passenger seat if i don't have a UK socket ( i believe you can make up a lead from a x2 pin shaver plug , some cable and a x3 pin female plug?) . I believe there is a converter also ????? whatever this is on the continental plug . I've tried a travel plug on the continental plug to power a lamp off the leisure batteries but no light ( not enough power perhaps ?) Ill try plugging in the 240v hook up from the house to the van tommorow ?

One thing to beware of… the 2 pin socket is a European size which is not the same as a shaver plug. The shaver pins are a slightly different spacing and if I recall bigger than the socket.

you need a European two pin plug,
I used a double socket from a extension lead so we could have two sockets to make it more useful.
Not sure if you have a inverter on b pillar but that is limited to 150w So only good for small stuff not sure of limit for the 240 v one.

If you are converting the 2 pin socket to 3 pin you also need to be aware that you will have no earth continuity. So need to take care of what you plug into it.

Hi , thanks for the reply . Regarding the euro socket , could i buy an extension cube with x3 pin UK plugs and USB sockets , cut off the plug and attach a x2 pin shaver plug which should fit the euro plug in the Van ? I then have a compact little unit to plug in to . Question ; could i then plug in my laptop ?
I have also seen USB plug in's for laptops. I have an Apple Macbook air 10yr old with a flat spade little plug (with little red / green light on) to computer . Can i buy a lead which will power this in the van , cant see anything on usual obvs online sites.

Screenshot_20220219-081138_OneDrive.jpg
We had a 2008, to use 1 we had something like this:
Screenshot_20220219-081445_Chrome.jpg
A hella plug adaptor.

In plug 2 we had a continental plug to 3pin UK short extension lead to power a radio and phone chargers. This is the socket that only works on hook-up:
Screenshot_20220219-082159_Amazon Shopping.jpg

The inverter socket is at the base of the (UK) passenger side B pillar, we struggled to use as most adapters seemed to interfere with the flap. So sorry, we never really used it...

Last edited: