Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Warranty repairs inconsistent

D

Dill Tart

Dilltart
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion

Just had the T6 in for a number of (extended) warranty fixes, complete new central control panel, the dial wasn’t selecting any menu options £900 apparently! Rattling awning, new rear awning bracket fitted. All good and completed.

The front passenger seat was catching a protruding bolt which was classed as “characteristic of the vehicle” by VW, remedy was to cut the offending bolt off but they would not replace the scored panel as NOT a warranty item?

The vehicle was delivered back at 5.30 pm as we were leaving for an evening out so unchecked until the next day. The following morning I was dismayed to find oil trodden into the carpets and oil on the roof lining, mud sprayed up both sides to the roof line, the portaloo upside down in the back with the contents (chemicals) soaked into the carpets, the bin normal wedged between the seats upside down in the back. I can only assume the return driver had driven it at very high speeds around corners to achieve this result.

VW after a sharp email agreed to full valet and to replace the seat panel FOC. They retrieved the situation and evidently worth raising concerns with the dealer.

I am puzzled why some things are warranty repairs at some dealers and at others not, some VW inconsistency, having a precedent set by other club members is invaluable.

88327041-8450-4C53-9842-5D9B4BE3ABFC.jpeg

image.jpg

The front passenger seat was catching a protruding bolt which was classed as “characteristic of the vehicle” by VW, remedy was to cut the offending bolt off but they would not replace the scored panel as NOT a warranty item?
They excel themselves :rolleyes:

Back