Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water and other stuff

T

Tntoast

VIP Member
Do you or are you supposed to do anything to clean the water tank?, obviously, filling and draining the water tank can get dirty, how do you clean it?

Secondly, where is the emergency tools, wheel brace etc stored on the Cali?, on my caravelle they were on the side where the kitchen is.

Lastly, when driving with children ( of the fighting type) do you put the kitchen table up with an anti slip Matt on, or has someone clever come up with a child separator device (razor wire) to make the drive more pleasant for me and the wife.

I can help you with 2 of your questions first
Most people use a little milton fluid in the tank to be honest I never have
And it still makes a great cup of tea :thumb
As for the tools they are located at the back of the bench seat look under the
Rear bed mattress and you will see 2 knobs undo them the tools are incased in a polystyrene mould.there is a picture somewhere on the forum :thumb

Hi, link below is what the caravan club recommends for cleaning fresh water tank. We have always used Puriclean at the beginning of each season. Hopefully no more caravaning seasons for us though, looking forward to campervan hols next year, if not before.

http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/media/1022 ... ers-mo.pdf

Lastly, when driving with children ( of the fighting type) do you put the kitchen table up with an anti slip Matt on, or has someone clever come up with a child separator device (razor wire) to make the drive more pleasant for me and the wife.[/quote]

Sorry, can't help you with this one. We bought a Previa with 3 different seat rows, many years ago and it still didn't help, only 2 of them and they still fought about one singing and one whistling!
It did improve when they were both at secondary school if that's any consolation :headbang

Tntoast said:
Lastly, when driving with children ( of the fighting type) do you put the kitchen table up with an anti slip Matt on, or has someone clever come up with a child separator device (razor wire) to make the drive more pleasant for me and the wife.

I think I read somewhere in the California handbook that you don't travel with the table up and should be fastened securely for safety reasons.

Hubert

Back