Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water Tank

N

Nighters

VIP Member
Hi all,

Would you fill up your water tank before heading off for a trip or when you get to the campsite?

Just wondering if filling up before makes a big difference to fuel consumption.

I seem to have gone fuel consumption mad since getting my cali, I have officially turned into my dad :shocked

Also I am guessing using water from my outside hose pipe tape will be ok to drink, where do you fill up yours?

Cheers,
Paul

I tend to fill mine before we go anywhere. Just for ease of use. A litre of water weighs 1kg. It is the equavalent to carring another couple of passengers.

Quite what effect that has on fuel consumption in a Cali, I'm not sure. Ain't gonna be that much, especially when compared to the drag from the bicycles and the weight of beer and wine we carry!

From my outside tap.

After it has been stood for a while I fill it, add some Milton tablets leave, drain, refill. I also run the water through to the waste water to also ensure it is nuked but then most people don't use the waste one.

A litre of water weighs 1kg. It is the equavalent to carring another couple of passengers.

I thought the tank was 30 litres - so under 5 stone. Maybe 2 small children, or 4 Jack Russells? :D
Cheers,
--Nick

When you say most people don't use waste one do you mean they just leave the valve open so it drains straight onto floor?

Thanks

I do not know what others do but waste tank left open to drain onto ground I would consider would be anti social and give us a bad name

No I mean most owners seem to not have the water go down the sink into the waste water tank but rather use the bowl and discard the water that way.

If you use miltons in water tank rinse it out well, as tea aint good with a slight chemical taste !

Back