Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water filling

Martyn 4950

Martyn 4950

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
What is the easiest was to fill my water tank whilst on a campsite, Obviously if the filler cap is higher than the stand pipe tap then its impossible.

I use a 2L empty mineral water bottle with a cut down hose attachment, just fill the bottle overtime I pass the water tap.

There again, I don't use much water from the on board tank.

I use a collapsible bucket and a funnel with a flexible spout such as is sold in camping accessory shops, total cost less than £10 (or I wouldn't buy it!). The funnel has a tab to attach a piece of cord to (boot lace) and if you tie a large knot at the upper end it will slide into the awning rail and hold the funnel while you fill.
There is a picture on here somewhere (search "Hosegate" - the thread is a laugh!)

Many of us have posted pic's and details earlyer on that...try the search function and find out more....
I carry a collapseble bucket and a funnel in the Cali , does the job !

Collapsible watering can ! Although a 'clever home-made 2l bottle and bit of string' solution appeared in a post here recently, which l intended to copy.

5L water bottle and a funnel..be prepared to get water wherever the chance arises....

I also have the Brandrup kit but never use it...

We use an expandable garden hose pipe, bought it just for the cali, it is really compact for storage and as it fills it stretches to it full length so you do not have to be to near the water pipe......simples

+1 for the Brandrup container and strap. Simple, expensive but works a treat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd avoid it - certainly on European travels the amount of people we used to see washing their dogs ar$e$ direct from the tap...

folding water bottle and short hose with tap rubber thing on. Push tap rubber thing instead folding bottle full of water and invert no leaks, take just under 2 trips to fill to brim... fold and store!