Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water in closet.

onsvwbuske

onsvwbuske

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi all. Today I noticed some water in the kitchen closet just below the blue hose. Could this be condens water or do I have a bigger problem? Thx!

956BBEE6-5CDB-4D6B-82FC-7D54620E5036.jpeg

Hi all. Today I noticed some water in the kitchen closet just below the blue hose. Could this be condens water or do I have a bigger problem? Thx!

View attachment 87757
Sliding window leak?, but also at this time of year a high probability of condensation.

View attachment 87757
From personal experience I would say it’s probably a window leak. If you put some paper towel up into to gap behind the sink, above the blue pipe you’ll get an idea of the source. If you suspect the window start by putting a temporary seal (masking tape) around the opening to see if that stops it. If it is the window, try cleaning the seal. Having said that even if the window seal is leaking the drains built into the frame should direct any water to the outside. The problem is that these drains appear to have a design flaw and allow water to drip down on the inside of the panel. Worth reading the many posts on the subject …. search “window leak”. Mine was solved by replacement of the whole side window.
If you are lucky it’s condensation or maybe a leaky tap.

Unless you had touched the blue pipe before taking the picture, if you zoom in there is water on top of the pipe.
This may be via the tap base where it goes through the sink surface. I had this when I overfilled/splashed water around this area and found that the tap base washer was not fully tight.
I also got water at this exact point when I had not fully locked shut the sliding window and water bypassed the seal.
C6870989-8F9C-4AC7-94AB-204569341BF2.jpeg

Back