Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water management in the GC

B

Bart7974

Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
As I already wrote in one of my former posts
we have ordered our GC but it has not yet arrived.

In the meantime I have continued my research on the GC water system for a better understanding.

The information below is from a German VW forum and VW documentation and could be inaccurate or incomplete. You never know.

The water management in the GC does not consist of a directly controlled water pump with simple on-off switches.
It is a microprocessor controlled system: the customer-specific functional control unit (CFCU)

The CFCU has two sense inputs to control water requests .
Input 1) and input 2), these control 4 request signals
1)-Water tap kitchen- or -the shower tap-
2)-Toilet water- or -shower outdoor-

The water pump is activated
When:
1) is active, i.e. water requested
And
Enough water in the water tank
And
Crafter motor not running
And
Greywater tank not 100% filled.
Or
When
2) is active , i.e. water requested
And
Enough water in the water tank
And
Crafter motor not running
(Greywater tank level not relevant here, because water flows into the toilet tank or outdoors.)

When hot water is requested
then :
- the water pump is activated
- hot water circuit opens at the hot water tap
- cold water from the water tank flows into the Truma boiler and the boiler output
flows through the selected water tap.

Bart

Great explanation Bart, thank you, I wasn’t aware of the engine running piece.

that with the engine running is not 100% sure. The board member who wrote this hasn't verified it.
So it is not known if it is "engine running "or "car driving " or not at all :happy

that with the engine running is not 100% sure. The board member who wrote this hasn't verified it.
So it is not known if it is "engine running "or "car driving " or not at all :happy
maybe one member with a GC can verify this:
-start the engine and open the water tap
and now one level higher
-start the engine , drive and open the water tap :Nailbiting

Morning Bart, I can confirm the taps work perfectly when the engine is running. I didn’t try it while driving but strongly suspect it will be the same.

Morning Bart, I can confirm the taps work perfectly when the engine is running. I didn’t try it while driving but strongly suspect it will be the same.
and now for the next experiment : while driving open the tap;)

Hi Bart, I can confirm everything works while driving including the toilet flush. Thanks to the tester my wife!

Ha ha , super .
Thank you and your wife for the positive test results.
"Going to the loo" while driving , could save time ;)

Hi Bart, I can confirm everything works while driving including the toilet flush. Thanks to the tester my wife!
Did that with the old motorhome, one of the kids couldn't wait & dived into the loo whilst I checked in at a campsite, I jumped back into van & drove over a speedhump, took about a week for the blue to fade off his backside. He was not impressed.

Back