Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water Problems

The Pox

The Pox

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I have just put some water in the tank for the first time. I can hear the pump going and hear water moving but it is not coming out of the tap. Any ideas what could be wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

I have just put some water in the tank for the first time. I can hear the pump going and hear water moving but it is not coming out of the tap. Any ideas what could be wrong? Any help would be appreciated.
Possibly an airlock. Put tap on and suck on the spout.

I put in a couple of gallons. Is it not enough?
The tank holds 30 litres, so 2 gls is about 10 litres so should be enough, but fill it up as that would give a head of pressure to overcome any airlock.

Just to check - is the drain valve from the bottom of the fresh water tank open or closed....? Capacity is 30 liters so 2 gallons is only 9 liters. Suggest checking the valve and topping up the tank.
May be useful once you have filled it to let it fully drain again, then refill and use a water purifying tablet just to ensure all is clean

I know this sounds silly but have you remembered to close the tap that prevents the water from draining back out. It’s in the back by the gas bottle....

If I fill my water tank to capacity then the pump for the sink won't work. To fix it I just drain a small amount of water from the tank. Hope this helps

As you details show T6 , do you have the rear shower ? Does that work ?

Could be the tap micro switch has failed , might need a replacement tap as I had An issue with tap. Followed the advice on the forum . Checked the micro switch or tried to. Then it spawns in little bits. So replaced the tap as a unit. (Tap available in forum shop)

Could be the tap micro switch has failed , might need a replacement tap as I had An issue with tap. Followed the advice on the forum . Checked the micro switch or tried to. Then it spawns in little bits. So replaced the tap as a unit. (Tap available in forum shop)
I am not convinced the video-making I experimented with is of much value. Nevertheless here is the link to the internals of the Cali sink tap.
https://youtu.be/z-DFp2UMDmE
I made an attempt to make a DIY fix to the tap micro switch - and failed miserably. Take it easy on me folks, I have no ambition to make further videos :)

Have you put the filler cap back on before trying? If the pump is working when you turn the tap on all is ok could be the pump blocked up.

Have you put the filler cap back on before trying? If the pump is working when you turn the tap on all is ok could be the pump blocked up.
Yes I put the filler cap back. Still no joy

This (and a few other threads) were of great help, as I've had 3 different issues already with the water system in the California. I've learned a few things as I fixed all of them, including replacing the water pump myself, so I decided to document it all in case it helps others. Here's a first guide on how to identify which problem you are actually experiencing, although the particular one shared by OP is not one I have come across (yet!)

Identifying your VW California water tap issue: https://medium.com/@maxi-mizer/fix-vw-california-ocean-coast-kitchen-water-issues-43a19d0d893a

I hope it helps!