Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water pump fuse

Carl Dixon

Carl Dixon

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi , we've just brought a 2006 cali and was told the people never used the sink, it's not making any noise and pumping water through ,I found the fuse changed it because it was blown and it's blown the new one as well, any advice please .

9/10 your pump is stuck .
It could be solved by opening the tank and give the pump a few taps or the pump can be broken and needs change (not that big cost)
The rubber hose could came off , in that case you should here the pump running.
The tap itself can be broken...microswitch

Last edited:
It can be the switch in the water tap or even the wiring between the tap and the pump. I have a T6 but assume it is the same in T5: there is under the sink a short wire coming from the tap connected to a longer wire going to the pump. If you take apart the connectors and make a short circuit on the waterpump side of the connector with a short wire or paperclip maybe the pump will start running. If that is the case it may be the wiring or the switch in the tap, there are other threads showing how to repair the switch in the tap.

Hi if you do a search for how to fix kitchen tap and water pump you should be able to find a step by step instructions for fixing it.

All sorted ,new pump and a few fuse later it works ,thanks
Glad you got it sorted! Im now in the same predicament, turned tap on after the winter on my 2006 t5 and pump not working. Just wondered where you found the fuse? Under drivere seat? Is it one of the 15amp?
Am going to open up the tank and check the pump isnt stuck too

Glad you got it sorted! Im now in the same predicament, turned tap on after the winter on my 2006 t5 and pump not working. Just wondered where you found the fuse? Under drivere seat? Is it one of the 15amp?
Am going to open up the tank and check the pump isnt stuck too

Thanks Hotel California, just stumbled across this awesome thread (below) too with nice pictures... did a suck and a blow on the kitchen tap a few times then realized that the fuse was blown. Changed it and hey presto, it works, a nice cheap fix! :) https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/thread...ap-and-water-pump-problem-and-solution.10211/