Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water pump makes noise but no water !

Willshake

Willshake

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Just got my 680 back from Listers Droitwich following oil service and mood lighting snagging and find my water pump is not functioning properly.
Maybe a total coincidence but I’m about to go away. IAs I filled the water tank I could hear a motor running. When I got inside the van I saw the tap in it’s on position. I quickly turned it off. A mystery why this tap was left on ???
Now there is water in the tank the tap doesn’t allow any flow of water even though it makes the pump noise .
Can anyone help ?

It could be a number of things.

1. there is air still in the system that you need to purge - open both taps and leave on for a few minutes.
2. The pipe from the pump has come adrift, undo the blue collar on top of the fresh water tank lift the lid out so you can see the black pipe that runs from the elbow to the pump, check it’s fully pushed into the elbow and pipe.

You are a star !!!!!
I followed the instructions but also took the pump out . Gave it a shake and hey presto , works again.
It wasn’t the pipe attachment after all but I guess something internal in the pump . A shake was all it required!!

I carry a spare pump, the cheapest place is "VW" amazingly.
It lays down across the top of water tank out of the way.

Back