Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water tap issues

JohnCalifornia

JohnCalifornia

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
I know this has been mentioned lots and lots on here but since we got our Cali the tap has been hit and miss wether it works . It always works eventually but sometimes takes a few minutes of turning tap on and off.I can hear the micro switch in the tap working but not always the pump. Is this normal for your Calis or do I have a problem that’s gunna get worse? The posts I’ve read so far tells me these taps are very temperamental. Thanks for any replies

Had two Calis (T5.1 currently T6) and neither had an issue with water pumping to the tap (delay or otherwise), it’s always been instantaneous. The only issue I’ve had is the tap pop off during winter (but it just clicks back in). Sorry, sounds like a fault.

Had two Calis (T5.1 currently T6) and neither had an issue with water pumping to the tap (delay or otherwise), it’s always been instantaneous. The only issue I’ve had is the tap pop off during winter (but it just clicks back in). Sorry, sounds like a fault.
Thanks for the reply, I’ll monitor it and see how it goes. Got a warranty on the Cali so should be covered by that.

After reading many threads on this it sounds like it’s more than likely to be the micro switch in the tap. I’ll do the shower test tomorrow to see if it sends water to the sink tap when my tap is open but nothing comes out. If the pump works with the shower then it should be the tap micro switch as they share the same pump. Fingers crossed……