Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tap issues

Loz

Loz

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi Loz, where did you get the crimp terminals for the VW connectors as I didn't get any with mine, do you have the parts numbers?
I purchased off ebay and the plugs had short tails on them where they had cut them from the vehicles.

KGCali

KGCali

Retired and still young at heart!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Ordered a few bits this morning.
This is my plan.
View attachment 48162
Finally got around to fitting the tap relay to save the tap microswitch and added a switch to turn off the power so I can drain the tap without removing the fuse. Thanks for you circuit and photos @Loz
I also fitted the newer sink waste with the built-in water trap so it now drains much faster.

_20191110_155046.JPG

westfalia

westfalia

Top Poster
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Finally got around to fitting the tap relay to save the tap microswitch and added a switch to turn off the power so I can drain the tap without removing the fuse. Thanks for you circuit and photos @Loz
I also fitted the newer sink waste with the built-in water trap so it now drains much faster.

View attachment 52514
When your sliding window leaks, will the drips miss the contacts?

KGCali

KGCali

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
When your sliding window leaks, will the drips miss the contacts?
All contacts are rubber shielded ;) and my side widow has never leaked even in 70 mph winds but not holding my breath, perhaps a plastic shield above would be wise :)

KGCali

KGCali

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
All contacts are rubber shielded ;) and my side widow has never leaked even in 70 mph winds but not holding my breath, perhaps a plastic shield above would be wise :)
Plastic shield now fitted to protect my tap switch and relay modification just incase the sliding window ever leaks... In the best Blue Peter tradition a washing up bottle proved perfect :)

DSC_0032.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG