Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water top up funnel

We use this already a couple of years to our satisfaction. I fill it up, hang it to the rail and let it drain in the watertank. No need for a (local) hose, so always clean, and after about half an hour the watertank is "automatically" filled. (normally after having a beer or wine )

Schermafbeelding 2022-03-16 om 23.22.51.jpg

I just use a regular Spa (our some other brand) waterbottle and shove it in. Works great. The water flows down into the tank no problem.
Robinson's Lemon Barley bottle for me, stick in the hole, top third removed to allow pourage :)

These look like a nice and neat solution. What size funnel have people purchased?

I ordered ours last night and Paul just very kindly hand delivered it this morning! He only lives a few miles from us. 33mm is good but snug. He said he might reduce it to 32.5mm for Cali owners.

PXL_20220324_102043596.jpg

We use this already a couple of years to our satisfaction. I fill it up, hang it to the rail and let it drain in the watertank. No need for a (local) hose, so always clean, and after about half an hour the watertank is "automatically" filled. (normally after having a beer or wine )

View attachment 90426
This is exactly what I do.
- 20L or less at a time, good enough for us
- multi purpose, since also a 'warm' bush shower for kids in summer when off grid.
- cheap, easy to replace
- easy to clean (steradent tablets)

I use a similar approach for my drinking water. Using a Lifestraw Flex with a bag that dripples my water stock bottles.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I ordered ours last night and Paul just very kindly hand delivered it this morning! He only lives a few miles from us. 33mm is good but snug. He said he might reduce it to 32.5mm for Cali owners.

View attachment 90729
The funnels look nifty, but (and maybe I’m missing something) don’t you still need a bucket, or container (or large pan) to carry the water from the supply tap to the van, and then pour into the spout? And given the outlet of the spouts are small than the inlet, you will need to pour a little at a time? I don’t think I could be bothered with the faff.

At home we use a dedicated 20m food safe hose and fittings connected on to the kitchen tap and straight into the Cali tank. When finished, we leave the hose to drain out so there are no dead legs of old water. Every season we sterilise the hose by immersing the whole lot in a bath of water with Milton added.

On site, if we need to top up we have a short (5m) flat hose, food grade, with a range of tap fittings. This neatly coils in a plastic bag 170x170x30mm and is stored in the rear cupboard above the Gaz bottle. We’ve not been to a site yet where can’t access a tap (might happen one day I guess).

Using either method, the tank is filled within 5 minutes.

The funnels look nifty, but (and maybe I’m missing something) don’t you still need a bucket, or container (or large pan) to carry the water from the supply tap to the van,
I think its aimed at when you are away and need water in the tank, with the funnel
you can just use any old bottle to fill it up wherever you are.

At home I do what you do and use the 50m garden hose, but I run it through first for
a few seconds. If after winter I run it through for a good minute. Tastes ace.

I think its aimed at when you are away and need water in the tank, with the funnel
you can just use any old bottle to fill it up wherever you are.

At home I do what you do and use the 50m garden hose, but I run it through first for
a few seconds. If after winter I run it through for a good minute. Tastes ace.
Ah okay. Thought I was missing something :thanks

Ah okay. Thought I was missing something :thanks
We were away over Easter for a week travelling through Wales. A couple of campsites didn't have a convenient tap for the very short section of hose I carry. The funnel gives the kids a job for 10 minutes and that side of the van gets washed! Brilliant bit of kit.

Hi there, here is the link I followed you will find the the contact email within.

Hi, have you got the email address?. I’ve followed the link but it says I do not have permission to view all of the description. I don’t really want to subscribe to read all the text. Thanks.

I get this thread is from 2022 but wandering what people’s thoughts of these little water filler attachments are like now you’ve used them for a while?

The link to it no longer works, where do they sell them now?

Looks nice and all but honestly I don't understand why you'd need it. Just one more thing to store and bring along. The garden hose works just fine at home. And while your away you can just use a regular water bottle. Stick it in and it will drain into the water tank easily. Works just fine.

If you use this filler attachment, you'll still need a water bottle (or another water container) to fill the filler attachment. Don't see the logic. Not trying to be negative, just sincerely not seeing what the thing adds.

Looks nice and all but honestly I don't understand why you'd need it. Just one more thing to store and bring along. The garden hose works just fine at home. And while your away you can just use a regular water bottle. Stick it in and it will drain into the water tank easily. Works just fine.

If you use this filler attachment, you'll still need a water bottle (or another water container) to fill the filler attachment. Don't see the logic. Not trying to be negative, just sincerely not seeing what the thing adds.
I'm collecting my new Cali soon and trying to get things sorted for when we start using it. We hired one last year and I bought a large collapsible water container that has a tap on the end and we used that with the huge funnel that was supplied by the Cali hire company, so I was basically looking for a smaller and neater solution than a large funnel that you have to hold in one hand whilst holding the large bottle in the other.

I'm collecting my new Cali soon and trying to get things sorted for when we start using it. We hired one last year and I bought a large collapsible water container that has a tap on the end and we used that with the huge funnel that was supplied by the Cali hire company, so I was basically looking for a smaller and neater solution than a large funnel that you have to hold in one hand whilst holding the large bottle in the other.
Positively it works really well it’s small you carry a water container you don’t need to carry a hose. Which only works when you have a tap on your pitch so water container and the funnel is more storable and useful imo. Go for it.

Can understand the desire to go small. But my point is:

- at home: you can use a hose directly from your tap. So no need for this attachment.
- while away: what does this thing do better then just using a 1.5L water bottle? You'll need a water container either way.

It is strange how people can have such opposite views. I have one of these funnels and think it great. Whether using a hose and pistol tap at home or water bottles abroad/away this is the perfect solution by allowing you to fill through 90 degrees without the source touching. The funnel is kept safe and clean of course.

How you buy one now it seems is unclear, certainly the link I had no longer work. As above the email I used was:

chrisatheathpark@yahoo.com

And I recall there were two types one for the later combined water and electric unit and the other for the earlier water only unit.
1708689381455.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you but can’t seem to find them. Don’t suppose you’ve got a link?
Cheers
Agreed, can’t find them there. Have you tried emailing them? Just make sure you ask for the correct version (see #47 above).