Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Waterproof/winter cover for Cali T5 SE reccommendations

M

MrsDarcy

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi
As the title says please can anyone tell me which waterproof/winter cover they have for their Cali T5 and best place to buy?
Mrs D x

I would not use a cover on my van or any vehicle. No matter how breathable they say they always trap damp and moisture in and around the vehicle. This leads to mold growth and corrosion. Also they trap dust and grit between the sheet and paintwork causing scratching. Strongly suggest you don't bother.

But if you suffer from falling tree sap or constant bird droppings or building site works, then I'd recommend. Remove periodically to inspect and let the van breathe.

But if you suffer from falling tree sap or constant bird droppings or building site works, then I'd recommend. Remove periodically to inspect and let the van breathe.
In my opinion I would still not bother. Rinse with water or move the vehicle away from the problem. The more you mess with the cover the more you will damage the paint work.

We also get alot of tree sap etc..but tend to wax once a year with Autoglym resin polish + then apply extra gloss protection to create a slipcoat; The sap will come off very easily when you next wash & then just dry with a Chamois.

We also get alot of tree sap etc..but tend to wax once a year with Autoglym resin polish + then apply extra gloss protection to create a slipcoat; The sap will come off very easily when you next wash & then just dry with a Chamois.
Thanks for your advice, after looking through previous posts we will give the cover a miss

In my opinion I would still not bother. Rinse with water or move the vehicle away from the problem. The more you mess with the cover the more you will damage the paint work.
Thanks for your advice, after looking through previous posts we will give the cover a miss

Back