T6.1 Ocean 199
A Gremlin at VW it is then.

GrahamB

GrahamB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
A Gremlin at VW it is then.
There is a very specific reason why remote lock/unlock is a useful extra - I had it on my previous beemer and it got me out of a situation when I was loading gear into the car after a gig and managed to lock the keys in the boot! The car was right in the middle of the car park and blocking the rest of the band in! I suddenly remembered the BMW app and it was open in seconds. Very disgruntled that my MY21 Ocean doesn’t have this feature as an insurance against stupidity!

Stu@rt

Stu@rt

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Not much to it @Stu@rt
Just download the App and register. When you add your VIN your van’s details will be loaded.
Sorted this today @GrumpyGranddad
Thanks very much. Ours was a June 21 build and was never 100% sure if it was MY21 or MY22. So at least now I have the app with no lock/unlock I know for sure :thumb Still some useful remote info available on there, so still worth having. Thanks

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Yes same for me
Hi @andyinluton and @66tim99 just to advise I have raised a case with the WeConnect team regarding this. They suggested the following:

On your iPhone tap on settings - general -> iPhone storage -> We Connect -> Delete application.
Clear the cache and cookies following steps provided in the following link:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
Restart the iPhone and download the We Connect app once again

This didn’t work and i’ve updated them.

They obviously thought it was a problem with my phone rather than with the App. I’ve since advised them that I also have the App on my iPad which shows the same issue and suggests it IS the App not my hardware.

They have come back to advise that they are working on a fix.

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi @andyinluton and @66tim99 just to advise I have raised a case with the WeConnect team regarding this. They suggested the following:

On your iPhone tap on settings - general -> iPhone storage -> We Connect -> Delete application.
Clear the cache and cookies following steps provided in the following link:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
Restart the iPhone and download the We Connect app once again

This didn’t work and i’ve updated them.

They obviously thought it was a problem with my phone rather than with the App. I’ve since advised them that I also have the App on my iPad which shows the same issue and suggests it IS the App not my hardware.

They have come back to advise that they are working on a fix.
Thanks GG - still greyed out for me

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I have found We Connect to be, in short, 100% useless! It offers me nothing of value. Someone mentioned it tells one how much fuel is in the tank - so does the fuel gauge. My opinion, others may or may not agree.
I quite like sitting on my sofa Planning a route and send it to the van, I have once used it to find the van that my better half had left in a big car park, and my dealer contacted me when there was a headlight range control issue transmitted to them via WeConnect. So in 3 months it has been used…

andyinluton

andyinluton

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Also good for its frequent visits to the workshop. Nice to see when it’s moved indoors, roof up, down, up. Driven out etc. Gives you the impression that the dealer is actually doing something rather than just leaving it in the car park.

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Also good for its frequent visits to the workshop. Nice to see when it’s moved indoors, roof up, down, up. Driven out etc. Gives you the impression that the dealer is actually doing something rather than just leaving it in the car park.
I didn’t know you could see roof up/down

VW California Club