Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

We connect plus

Hi @andyinluton and @66tim99 just to advise I have raised a case with the WeConnect team regarding this. They suggested the following:

On your iPhone tap on settings - general -> iPhone storage -> We Connect -> Delete application.
Clear the cache and cookies following steps provided in the following link:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
Restart the iPhone and download the We Connect app once again

This didn’t work and i’ve updated them.

They obviously thought it was a problem with my phone rather than with the App. I’ve since advised them that I also have the App on my iPad which shows the same issue and suggests it IS the App not my hardware.

They have come back to advise that they are working on a fix.
Thanks GG - still greyed out for me

I have found We Connect to be, in short, 100% useless! It offers me nothing of value. Someone mentioned it tells one how much fuel is in the tank - so does the fuel gauge. My opinion, others may or may not agree.

I have found We Connect to be, in short, 100% useless! It offers me nothing of value. Someone mentioned it tells one how much fuel is in the tank - so does the fuel gauge. My opinion, others may or may not agree.
I quite like sitting on my sofa Planning a route and send it to the van, I have once used it to find the van that my better half had left in a big car park, and my dealer contacted me when there was a headlight range control issue transmitted to them via WeConnect. So in 3 months it has been used…

Also good for its frequent visits to the workshop. Nice to see when it’s moved indoors, roof up, down, up. Driven out etc. Gives you the impression that the dealer is actually doing something rather than just leaving it in the car park.

Also good for its frequent visits to the workshop. Nice to see when it’s moved indoors, roof up, down, up. Driven out etc. Gives you the impression that the dealer is actually doing something rather than just leaving it in the car park.
I didn’t know you could see roof up/down

Still no fix for the missing ‘Authorised Workshop’ issue.

Also noticed that ‘Area Alerts’ is no longer on the App. Here’s what they said when I queried it:-

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen Digital Services.

Concerning your inquiry about the "Area Alert" not being displayed anymore in the We Connect app, this is due to the fact that the feature has been removed from the app and is not available for use.
With our “Speed Alert” and “Area Alert” services, our aim has been to inform you as the primary user when your vehicle exceeds a speed limit preset by you or is used within or outside of a preset geographical area.
However, in the wake of recurring international legal reviews, we have now become increasingly aware of a trend whereby the data protection provisions for other vehicle users authorized by you to use the vehicle before the start of the journey (guest user, anonymous guest user) are deemed inadequate.
Accordingly, we have decided to cease offering these two services.
In addition, please note that you have also been informed via an email for this issue at some point by late November.
We are currently investigating whether and when use of these services may be possible in compliance with the above requirements. Please note that we are currently unable to predict precisely when we might be able to reintroduce the services.
Thank you for your understanding.

Still no fix for the missing ‘Authorised Workshop’ issue.

Also noticed that ‘Area Alerts’ is no longer on the App. Here’s what they said when I queried it:-

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen Digital Services.

Concerning your inquiry about the "Area Alert" not being displayed anymore in the We Connect app, this is due to the fact that the feature has been removed from the app and is not available for use.
With our “Speed Alert” and “Area Alert” services, our aim has been to inform you as the primary user when your vehicle exceeds a speed limit preset by you or is used within or outside of a preset geographical area.
However, in the wake of recurring international legal reviews, we have now become increasingly aware of a trend whereby the data protection provisions for other vehicle users authorized by you to use the vehicle before the start of the journey (guest user, anonymous guest user) are deemed inadequate.
Accordingly, we have decided to cease offering these two services.
In addition, please note that you have also been informed via an email for this issue at some point by late November.
We are currently investigating whether and when use of these services may be possible in compliance with the above requirements. Please note that we are currently unable to predict precisely when we might be able to reintroduce the services.
Thank you for your understanding.
Interesting, so receiving an alert when your vehicle leaves an area infringes the Data Protection Act regarding the person driving the vehicle?

I wonder how that will stack up with Tracker devices - will the thief claim it was unfair to track him/her under the DPA and have a conviction quashed??? (OK, yes, I saw the bit about 'authorised users..)..

Here's to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Nefarious Activites..

Interesting, so receiving an alert when your vehicle leaves an area infringes the Data Protection Act regarding the person driving the vehicle?

I wonder how that will stack up with Tracker devices - will the thief claim it was unfair to track him/her under the DPA and have a conviction quashed??? (OK, yes, I saw the bit about 'authorised users..)..

Here's to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Nefarious Activites..
:) You make an excellent point @ardm17

So a fairly useless buggy app becomes even more useless. It could have been such a great companion for enhancing California convenience.

Hi @66tim99 and @andyinluton
Authorised Dealership now reappeared in my App, has yours?
I’m assuming they fixed it but coincidently I removed Citygate Woburn Green from my favourites in the Satnav this afternoon. Wondered if there’s a connection?

Yes it’s back on mine with Citygate Colindale already selected as before.
I’m sure there’s something missing - ability to set alert if van leaves a certain area?

I’m sure there’s something missing - ability to set alert if van leaves a certain area?
Yes the preferred dealer has reappeared for me, but not speed or area alerts - see post #31 - neither I could see the use of tbh. Crazy data protection reason though

VW has removed Speed Alert and Area Alert apparently due to Privacy Laws.

Back