Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

We connect plus

mikeelawson

mikeelawson

BOOMEL
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Just seen this appear as an option; my overall question is why are we not getting it as standard rather than as a paid upgrade? The only advantage seems to be remote auxiliary heater via app which I would have expected?

CF656498-C8A7-4F26-B5E0-73BAF0E845F9_1_102_o.jpeg

I thought you got a free subscription for 3 years with a new van?

The remote heater does not work on any California via We Connect so far despite the rather miss-leading document you have shown. Its not really needed as the supplied remote control & timer functions between them have most bases covered.

The remote locking/unlocking depends on what model year cali you have.

I can confirm what #andyinluton posted. I did not ask for the weconnect+ option as I didn't think that I would use the additional functionality enough. So, I was surprised when I collected my new Ocean last month, activated the Weconnect and automatically got the 3 years free + upgrade.

The remote heater does not work on any California via We Connect so far despite the rather miss-leading document you have shown. Its not really needed as the supplied remote control & timer functions between them have most bases covered.

Mine is 2021 plate t6.1 California Ocean for which I paid the subscription up front. It looks like they are asking 139 euros for the we connect plus which includes the abilbility remotely set the auxiliary heater on via the app. Again I am surprised (if this an option) we weren't given this FOC.

My Weconnect just randomly disconnected itself today for no reason (having got it for free with the new van, or so I thought). Am going to try and re-activate it today. The software and process for enabling it is absolutely shambolic. The app crashes all the time and it offers next to zero useful functionality.

Mine is 2021 plate t6.1 California Ocean for which I paid the subscription up front. It looks like they are asking 139 euros for the we connect plus which includes the abilbility remotely set the auxiliary heater on via the app. Again I am surprised (if this an option) we weren't given this FOC.

Irrespective of paying or not, the Auxiliary heater does not appear on the App.

From VW website re subscription costs below, I have discover pro hence 3 years free.

"For We Connect Plus, following vehicle handover, you have 90 days in which to register the vehicle at www.myvolkswagen.net or using the “Volkswagen We Connect” app (available in the App Store and Google Play Store) and use the services for the full duration of the free initial period (depending on equipment: for example, one year for Discover Media and Ready 2 Discover or three years for Discover Pro)."

Ignore these emails @mikeelawson !
Those with T6.1’s who have already paid for WeConnect + still get these emails. We’ve all got excited in the past thinking that remote Aux Heater and Remote Lock/Unlock has been added to the App. However, certainly for Model Year 21 Californias, those features are NOT supported and WILL NOT be in the future.

I had a dialogue earlier this year with VW Digital Services and VW Customer Services on this issue and both conformed the features are not and will not be supported.

Remote Lock/Unlock IS supported on MY20 and MY22 Californias apparently.

Those with T6.1’s who have already paid for WeConnect + still get these emails. We’ve all got excited in the past thinking that remote Aux Heater and Remote Lock/Unlock has been added to the App. However, certainly for Model Year 21 Californias, those features are NOT supported and WILL NOT be in the future.

I had a dialogue earlier this year with VW Digital Services and VW Customer Services on this issue and both conformed the features are not and will not be supported.

Hi GG, I've never bothered with the app for my MY21 Coast (No media upgrades). Can I ask just what the app offers MY21 ? So no remote heater and no remote lock/unlock. What functionality does it offer MY21 vans? Many thanks

Yes can lock/unlock MY22 from your phone - I wasn’t sure I would, but I have double-checked it’s locked. Problem is, if it’s in an underground car park without an internet connection it can’t transfer the data, so it’s not much use for me at home.
App is useful for me seeing driving data - how much fuel in the tank, last journey mpg etc, and it shows a vehicle health report - shame I seem to have to take it in for a headlight range control issue - these electronic systems can’t be fixed by VW roadside assist.
Best thing so far though is setting a route which I can then ‘use in vehicle’. It appears on the Sat nav and I’m away. The app links with my calendar so it’s simple to send destinations to the Sat nav.

58A67286-DF4A-4533-A0CC-6ED92C1A9115.png

Yes We Connect is operate Auxiliary Heater and Auxiliary Ventilation my California Grand. I am not know how Is make my telephone picture this website display to showing peoples.
Is have 4 heat system and I am think is We Connect operate such system is also control computer roof console or remote control and is not central heating toilet wall panel or dashoboard climate system.

Hi GG, I've never bothered with the app for my MY21 Coast (No media upgrades). Can I ask just what the app offers MY21 ? So no remote heater and no remote lock/unlock. What functionality does it offer MY21 vans? Many thanks
Morning @Stuart.
Online Services shown below.

A5CCE51C-D161-4F1D-A737-C172E3375373.png

0209A069-71DF-4418-8C94-510F1EFF5A18.png

1A1A71D8-FF5B-4C91-8A83-F3833A882C3A.png

Brilliant @GrumpyGranddad

Thank you for that, I'll give that a try, assuming I haven't left it too late. Not sure what's involved, but sounds like might be worth the effort on some upcoming days off. Thanks for your time.

Brilliant @GrumpyGranddad

Thank you for that, I'll give that a try, assuming I haven't left it too late. Not sure what's involved, but sounds like might be worth the effort on some upcoming days off. Thanks for your time.
Not much to it @Stu@rt
Just download the App and register. When you add your VIN your van’s details will be loaded.

Not much to it @Stu@rt
Just download the App and register. When you add your VIN your van’s details will be loaded.
Im not sure if it was VW or the similar Mercedes App or even both that needed me to go via their customer services etc to do an online ID verification with passport etc.
It was due security as once you have the ap linked to a vehicle you can lock / unlock & track it.

Im not sure if it was VW or the similar Mercedes App or even both that needed me to go via their customer services etc to do an online ID verification with passport etc.
It was due security as once you have the ap linked to a vehicle you can lock / unlock & track it.
You’re right Andy. I believe that’s to enable the remote lock/unlock feature. Not required for the other WeConnect online services.

I did the VW ID check recently when I wanted to use the remote lock/unlock feature. It was an online chat via the VW website. Very easy video call but you do need a camera phone so that the assistant can remotely take control of your phone camera to take a photo of your ID (mine was my driving licence) and then a photo of you. Then shortly afterwards I could use my phone to lock my Cali, great!

I did the VW ID check recently when I wanted to use the remote lock/unlock feature. It was an online chat via the VW website. Very easy video call but you do need a camera phone so that the assistant can remotely take control of your phone camera to take a photo of your ID (mine was my driving licence) and then a photo of you. Then shortly afterwards I could use my phone to lock my Cali, great!
Yes I wonder if I’ll ever use it. Could be handy if someone without a key needs to get in I suppose, they’re at the van and you haven’t made it back yet, or if you’ve lost the key…

Yes I wonder if I’ll ever use it. Could be handy if someone without a key needs to get in I suppose, they’re at the van and you haven’t made it back yet, or if you’ve lost the key…
Lets you hide a key in the van for someone else & unlock it when they get to the van. More useful just for checking that you've locked the van.

Anybody else recently ‘lost’ their Authorised Workshop in WeConnect. The page to set it has also greyed out. VW Digital Services weren’t able to resolve but said they had had a recent outage and to keep an eye on it in the next few days. Not a major issue other than my chosen workshop has in the past been proactive when an alert has been triggered on the van and when a service is due. I’m wondering if they have also lost visibility of my van?

D93A6F34-7A80-4226-AA2A-A55E4535526A.png

B02D82CF-0469-4380-926D-17F93F969188.png

Yes same for me

A Gremlin at VW it is then.

A Gremlin at VW it is then.
There is a very specific reason why remote lock/unlock is a useful extra - I had it on my previous beemer and it got me out of a situation when I was loading gear into the car after a gig and managed to lock the keys in the boot! The car was right in the middle of the car park and blocking the rest of the band in! I suddenly remembered the BMW app and it was open in seconds. Very disgruntled that my MY21 Ocean doesn’t have this feature as an insurance against stupidity!

Not much to it @Stu@rt
Sorted this today @GrumpyGranddad
Thanks very much. Ours was a June 21 build and was never 100% sure if it was MY21 or MY22. So at least now I have the app with no lock/unlock I know for sure :thumb Still some useful remote info available on there, so still worth having. Thanks

Yes same for me
Hi @andyinluton and @66tim99 just to advise I have raised a case with the WeConnect team regarding this. They suggested the following:

On your iPhone tap on settings - general -> iPhone storage -> We Connect -> Delete application.
Clear the cache and cookies following steps provided in the following link:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
Restart the iPhone and download the We Connect app once again

This didn’t work and i’ve updated them.

They obviously thought it was a problem with my phone rather than with the App. I’ve since advised them that I also have the App on my iPad which shows the same issue and suggests it IS the App not my hardware.

They have come back to advise that they are working on a fix.

Back