Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

weather forecast

Gasgas

Gasgas

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi everybody,we have just picked up our new California and hoping to get away in it for a few days from this Monday,my question is which weather forecasts do people use,for instance we can be totally flexible and go anywhere but need a site that gives us a quick overview of the whole country so we can follow the good weather ?

And if home Sunday evening I watch Country File 7 day forecast on BBC1

HY09UMU said:
And if home Sunday evening I watch Country File 7 day forecast on BBC1

Ok that sounds like a good idea will check it out thanks for the info

Glad to be of help, we have always found it very accurate.

Try http://xcweather.co.uk/

Click on one of the wind arrows and it changes the view to week ahead. Then zoom around the country looking for the best weather.

I changed to weatherextra.com after using the BBC forecast when it said current conditions for Stranraer was a big yellow thing in the sky with no cloud and on the ground I couldn't see anything through the rain and mist.

:D
R doo
I do quite a lot of mountain walking and use a combination of the following 3 to get a pretty accurate idea what is happening/about to happen/possibly going to happen:

- Met Office
- MWIS - Mountain Weather Information Service
- Met Office Shipping Forecast (Marine Forecast Glossary is useful if not familiar with it)

Paul

We have just got back from a weekend in LLangollen.
All three forecasts I checked said Saturday warm and sunny, (correct), Sunday cloudy and a shower, (completely wrong, sunny and warm) Monday rain, (wrong again, warm and sunny.)
Pretty much lost faith in all of them now and we just go if we feel like it and chance it.

I generally use the old Welsh hill farming technique - if you can see the cows on the mountain, it is going to rain. If you can't see them, it is already raining.

We usually head for the coasts so I use www.magicseaweed.com

As not only a reasonably accurate weather / wind forcast but you also get wave information and can see what the local beach comments are for the day ahead.

Thanks everybody I've gained some great info ,now gonna try them out and see which works for me :thanks

I use WeatherPro on my iPhone - absolutely superb app that will give accurate forecasts anywhere you go. Well worth £2.50(ish).

For surf I have given up on MSW - they keep getting it wrong. Five star days keep being hopeless, two star days have been epic

(this photo below was a two star day at my local - when MSW get it wrong, no one goes in - me, on the wave, and a mate had it to ourselves - last week!!!0

Surfing2.jpg

I am back to using pressure charts, swell charts and an absolute gem of a "nowcast" is the superb bouys all around the UK that give real time info:

http://www.channelcoast.org/data_manage ... ta/charts/ I use the Perranporth one as a great indicator for the entire North coast of Devon and Cornwall.

I also do a bit of an FB surf report as I can see the surf from my window and stroll down most days for a little walk/surf check.

Yesterday was lovely - today isn't bad either.