Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

WeConnect Spring Update

Excellent GG. We await with baited breath :)
In the meantime I have posted a query on the T6 forum as suggested by WG
So, they have replied and even though IT IS a WeConnect issue they have ducked out of the issue and suggested I raise it with Customer Services or Dealership :-
Dear Mr Sparkles,

Thank you for your reply.

We understand and we are sorry for that you are having this issue.

We would like to kindly inform you that our department provides assistance for issues, requests, or inquiries regarding the digital services in the vehicles and the related apps ("We Connect", "We Connect Go", "We Connect ID.").

Having said that, we would politely recommend that you contact our Customer Care team who will be able to assist you further or your dealer that you bought the car from since your request is related to the car's hardware.

Please find below the UK Customer Service contact details here:

Phone number: 0800 333 666
Email: customerservices@volkswagen.co.uk
Or send an inquiry through the "Contact us" section by following the link below:

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/need-help/contact-us

For any digital services related inquiries, please know that you may reply to this e-mail or call us on our direct line 0800 – 279 7508 (around the clock, 7 days a week).

We wish you always safe and pleasant journeys with your favourite Volkswagen.

Yours faithfully,
Your Digital Service Team

Jobsworth buck passing of the highest (lowest?) order. Roughly translates to “we only do software so you will have to talk to someone else”. Meanwhile I have had a couple of responses on the T6 forum but neither shed any light.

here’s the real response:

Dear Mr Sparkes,

We won’t help you one bit, but we’ve got to look like we can, ;)

Quite frankly, VW don’t care if you have these features or not.
VW have your money, yes we agree the app is absolute rubbish, but hey the marketing guys love a bit of Bully.

The app isn’t for Commercial vehicles, just proper cars o_O

take it up with the dealership, they won’t give a S#*t either, they’ll just fob you off to VW.:rolleyes:

Ps. Please subscribe to the new service once you existing plan has expired so I can keep my Job :Nailbiting

Have a nice day ya‘ll :thumb

:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang

Don't come to us, we are not MB or BMW, we are VW we cook the consumption figures and just develop sing software for you. Go to customer services it is their job to deal with the complaints about the sing job we do. The game of pin ball begins :) You will never be directed to some one who can actually resolve the issue.

I hope people don’t mind me reopening this thread.
We picked up our Cali last Friday and it took me a few days to do the ident process. Now I’m set up, but I must say the weconnect experience is rather lousy; I can open/close the van (ok!) or toot the horn and flash the lights (in case I’m observing my van from afar and want to scare someone off, low likelyhood).
I can also see that the windows are not closed, but I can’t close them!?
I also can’t turn the heating on or off?

So, nice gimmick, but not hugely useful and certainly not worth any money in the future
You are lucky you have lock/unlock! That feature which I would have valued not available on MY21 vehicles. Also parking heater cant be controlled - although the remote fob does the job at a decent distance if you need it. I agree We Connect is not the most inspiring bit of technology and as a result I hardly use it.

I don't even rely on it to tell me whether it's locked as it randomly reports that doors and windows are open when I know they're not.