Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Weekend doings

M

MrsDarcy

Vehicle
Looking to buy
hi

So when you're not spending the week or two going into Europe how do you spend your time in your Cali? We are yet to get one (counting down!) but I have visions of driving to the beach or forests and setting up over night in our Cali.

MrsD x

As we live 1 hour drive from the Ocean we often drive there and spend the night. We have found some great spots with toilets and showers nearby. Just spending the night with the sounds from the sea is fantastic.
i-3wF4kjH-X3.jpg

New to us this year (well 5th Dec 17 to be precise) and boy what a year to pick..
At week ends, late afternoon when everyone else was leaving the beach we'd turn up, parallel park and soak up the sea breeze. Literally the coolest thing to do when it was in excess of 27 deg C everywhere in land down south.
On lookers somewhat envious as we swam, paddle boarded, drank ice cold drinks from the fridge and rustled up a snack. As darkness started to fall we often caught the sunset before having a peaceful trundle home.

On the other hand we picked up a new BBQ, patio set and a couple of other large items...all on different trips.
Then juggling hats at work leaving one set of duties for others I knew I would get disturbed with job 1 if I stayed in the open plan office to do job 2. Only one thing for it....go out for lunch armed with lap top and on my return to my work car park, set up the kitchen table, open the sliding door and pick up works wifi access and do my stuff from there. What a pleasant feeling that was.

This week we'll be out and about a lot too.
I always thought that one day I might get a camper van.
Now can somebody please explain to me why I didn't act earlier instead of dithering around?

As we live 1 hour drive from the Ocean we often drive there and spend the night. We have found some great spots with toilets and showers nearby. Just spending the night with the sounds from the sea is fantastic.
i-3wF4kjH-X3.jpg
What a great wild camping idea, nothing like the sound of the sea and fresh sea air.. love it

Hello,

Because of family reasons we don't use the camper a lot for overnight stays, but as a wonderful place to have a pick nick. After a hike or sight seeing it is nice to change clothes make a coffee / tea and just relax.

Also I like to go bird watching. In the past I just went to various places, took my photos and left. With the van I stay a bit longer, make a coffee, have breakfast and have the first review of the pictures.

Regards,
Eberhard

Take my Beach, to the Beach of course (or mountains, lakes..... anywhere really!) Sometimes with bikes on the rear carrier, sometimes just hiking boots in the boot.... Whilst it's great to get away for a proper tour, most of our "Hotel California" nights are totted up on the weekends during the year.

IMG_5391.JPG
Benone Beach, Northern Ireland