Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Weeks to wait before delivery ???

campandfly

campandfly

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi again all Cali owners.

Hope I am not duplicating another thread somewhere.

I have been quoted 16 weeks for a new Cali to be delivered.

May I ask New Cali owners how many weeks they had to wait from order to delivery of a new California??

Thank you

Tony

It varies with the options (for instance, 4motion adds more or less a month). 12 - 16 weeks is pretty standard with sometimes a little suprise in the end with a week less or so.

Thanks frigorifix

I will be looking at the 180 4motion so thanks for the heads up.

Tony

Hi Tony,
We placed our order 17/6/13 and were given confirmed build week 34 (next week).
Estimated delivery late September.
heres hoping.

Dennis

Hi Dennis

Thanks for the response. You must be getting excited at receiving your new Cali.

Will look forward to your first impressions on your vehicle and interested to see what specs you have ordered and if in a little time you would have ordered any add-ons or done anything a little differently.

Cheers mate

Tony

Hi Tony,
We ordered before the issue of the latest brochure and our choice of options has almost equalled what is now a 'travel pack' plus a few bits.
We had a weeks hire from Oli at bmvs and that really helped with things like how comfortable the sleeping arrangements were etc.

The full spec we arrived at is as follows;
180 manual 4 motion in reflex silver
Diff lock
Camping pack ( Silver awning, Privacy Glass, Comfort matress)
RNS 510 with DAB+/ Sat Nav/Digital TV
Rear view Camera/ F&R parking sensors
MF leather steering wheel
Climatronic A/C
Rain sensor/ rear view dimming mirror
Tyre pressure warning
Charcoal filter
Safe box

VW accessories :
Rear bumper protector
Headlight protectors ( The last 15 years or so of camping in Europe and sticking headlight deflectors on various vehicles we found that it was less hassle with residue on protectors than on the headlights themselves)
Set of monster mats ( walking boots can carry over a lot of trapped muck even when wiped off)

Other bits;
California camping Mutze ( Fitting arrangement and breathability of material liked)
Brandrup Second Skin Seat Covers/Awning Side Panels/Airsafe Tailgate hook/Tailgate insect mesh/Locking bolt for spare wheel
Zonesleep lower topper with pillows and sheets ( optional use upper and lower but deff required for upper when lower used at same time)

Shopping list:
Barrier door mat
Fire Extinguisher 1kg ABCE
Fire Blanket
Levelling Chocks & Stops
Grip mats
Power cable 25m with w/proof conn (Will split into 10 + 15 mtr lengths)
M/F mains Conn
Dustpan & Brush
Hi Viz Vest x2
First Aid Kit
UK Plug Connection
EU Plug Connection
Water Sterilization ~ Aqua Star 1 +2 /3
Water hose ~ flat

Still to decide: Silverscreen or Comfortz insulated screen cover

Looking forward to collection and then a couple of weeks away.
Good luck with your van, specifying the options and equipment is surely a lot of the enjoyment as well.

Dennis

Hi Dennis

Many thanks for typing that up mate. I have copied and printed myself a copy as a checklist. There are already a few things that I had not thought about so your list is very handy. I am deciding on extras etc at this very moment.

Been filling out and trying different options on Drive the Deal.

I guess the most important part is to get included in the deal stuff you can save money on the rest I can pick up along the way.

:thanks
Tony

I guess the most important part is to get included in the deal stuff you can save money on the rest I can pick up along the way.

Spot on, get 5th seat (even if you dont want it they sell for £500), tow bar, SatNav these all cost shed loads as dealer fitted accessories but cost less on a new order.

Monster mats are invaluable, best thing I've bought for my Cali.

Back