Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Weight of triple seat

S

Stevecaterham7

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi all,

We're just about to order a T6 Beach I think, but need to decide about getting the extra rear seats. We currently have a shuttle that has been converted to caravelle rails with individual captain chairs. I love the flexibility of the 2 sliding seats in the back for the kids, and would like to run the beach mainly without the bench if possible.

I've heard that the triple seat is really heavy, so wasn't sure how easy this is going to be to remove. Could someone advise whether it is heavy as in, 2 people can move it out but you wouldn't want to do it much, or heavy as in it needs 2 or preferably 3 properly strong people!

Just need to decide whether it will be realistic for us to be removing and replacing the bench every now and again, or should we consider it a permanent fixture.

Hi there is quite a bit in the forum about 2 seat vs 3 seat bench and relative weights. I have a Beach on order (3 seater) and although cant say for myself - the forum says its a two person job to remove and not as heavy as it looks ?? Hope that helps

When you order, be sure to share your progress as the whole T6 build / delivery situation is unclear. The vehicle seems v popular and this will reflect well on residual values - not that i am planning to sell mine.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply Tim. Would be great if it is possible for my wife and I to remove it, as we need to carry a racing tandem from time to time, so individual seats help with that.

Still just chasing down the best deals on a new one, but hope to have the order placed with someone by the end of the week. Currently most are saying delivery in late Feb or into March, but we're not pinning our hopes on that being the case.

The triple seat we had in our Vw Kombi was more then we could manage, also very difficult to get hold of properly and of course one of you is bent over inside the van (not ideal when lifting heavy objects), we also made a trolley to move it up the driveway because it was too heavy to walk and carry. Try before you buy would be my advice.

Back