Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Weights for the awning legs?

A

aileron346

VIP Member
Hi,
Does anyone have any recommendations for weights for the awning legs? Lots exist for various kinds of gazebo - just wondering if anyone know of any that neatly fitted the legs of our sunshade awnings?
Thanks
Paul

There are holes in the feet to peg it down we use these a guide ropes ------ thats if you mean a side fitted awning

I pop ground pins into the small holes on the bottom of each leg then I have two 25kgs weights to which I tether adjustable tent guide ropes at an angle up to the top of the fold away leg where it hinges / meets the actual awning. Works a treat ;-)

Thanks for these ideas. We're also thinking of situations on tarmac where tying down is not an option. I'd never use it on a really windy day - I know the risks. But nice days with occasional gusts is what I'm thinking.

Well my suggestion works minus the ground pegs ;-)

Can I just bump this up to see if anyone has come up with a solution? We found several gazebo weights had the centre hole too big really to be secure around the awning support and little foot. I'm sure there must be some out there somewhere though... anyone found any? Just to emphasise I'm looking for a solution for hard surfaces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could make a plate out of alloy or steel plate with a slot to allow it to slide over the existing swivel feet and then use normal gazebo weights that go around the leg. The plates would stop the leg going up through the weight if the hole wasn't a tight fit.

Two plastic water bags, 5 liter each, for 2 euro at the Action. Bowed at the awning legs. No weight when not in use.

Marc.

We use the Pegi-Peg awning leg ground plates it comes with giant screw in blue pegs.
$_58.JPG