Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Weird alloy wheel question…..Woodstock’s?

Mooreml1

Mooreml1

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Hi folks

Our new van has these new alloys fitted, which I believe to be Woodstock’s? I’m yet to collect it, but it seems odd that the pattern points one way ie: forward on the right side of the van, and backwards on the left side of the van….

seems like I’ve got 4 of the same?

can anyone else on here with the same alloys please have a look at theirs and let me know if I’m going mad?

apologies for the poor screengrabs!

many thanks

B8508BE6-4C01-40DE-8C3C-81292C922376.jpeg

F3215574-F95F-411F-A1C8-53DB0E1372EB.jpeg

Hi folks

Our new van has these new alloys fitted, which I believe to be Woodstock’s? I’m yet to collect it, but it seems odd that the pattern points one way ie: forward on the right side of the van, and backwards on the left side of the van….

can anyone else on here with the same alloys please have a look at theirs and let me know if I’m going mad?

many thanks

View attachment 78765

View attachment 78766
No, you are not going mad, but the fact they point the "wrong" direction on our 6.1, we also have Woodstocks, drives me potty! Just look at any Golf and they are the same i.e. "wrong" on one side of the vehicle.

Wouldn't it be worse if you had two alloys that were correct on one side of the van, and two that were correct on the other?

It would make swapping wheels around when changing tyres a massive PITA, one that most garages/tyre shops would unlikely be willing to accommodate I'd guess.

I understand your point but from a pure hassle factor having four wheels that are interchangeable is surely better than ending up with two on the same side pointing in opposite directions to each other (which would end up happening at some point due to uneven wear)....

I’ve not seen a correct handed set of wheels since my Mk1 RS turbo, or I’ve not been bothered to look..

Intended.

One product, one wheel, of which you have four.

Yeah this has been commented on before. The same wheel appears ‘different’ depending on which side its on. Seems to bother some but not others :D

Thanks for all the replies guys, I can of course see the common sense angle…
Then again the OCD kicks in and now I can’t unsee it! Lol

They are already coming up for sale loads, will be cheaper than the davenports on resale soon!

Hi folks

many thanks

View attachment 78765

View attachment 78766
I knew there was a reason why I ordered Devonports. Now I know!!
Thank you

I love the look, but was a pricey upgrade on the Coast. Van in build (hopefully) this week, but could well be on the lookout for a delivery mileage set later.

Driving low profiles for the last 10 years I've learned that I don't really care what state my wheels end up in. I figure they are going to end up chipped/scratched and destroyed anyway so I'll never look at them to the extent where the orientation bothers me .

The first few kerbs will hurt and after that I'll get over it. I find the way some folk fetishize wheels to be a bit bizarre tbh (sorry!).

They were a no cost option on our Ocean and there was something about them that I loved and could't shake, so specced them in at the last minute.

I think they look great, but as noted above, the lack of symmetry doesn't bother me in the slightest!

Driving low profiles for the last 10 years I've learned that I don't really care what state my wheels end up in. I figure they are going to end up chipped/scratched and destroyed anyway so I'll never look at them to the extent where the orientation bothers me .

The first few kerbs will hurt and after that I'll get over it. I find the way some folk fetishize wheels to be a bit bizarre tbh (sorry!).
I'd also agree with this - I've never cared about wheels before and I'm expecting these ones to get trashed relatively quickly, given that they are more likely to be "off road" than any other "car" I've owned.

Back