Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What’s the price of fuel in your area?

Glasgow last week £1.79 lt …. what can be done, not a lot but UK govt is still ‘raking in’ the duty , three quarters still goes to them.. that could be cut !

Glasgow last week £1.79 lt …. what can be done, not a lot but UK govt is still ‘raking in’ the duty , three quarters still goes to them.. that could be cut !
Their argument is they haven’t risen fuel duty for 10 years.. Fuel duty raises itself in the For of % tax and VAT. To be fair every other country in Europe other than Belarus and Russia who vastly subsidise their fuel has exactly the same problem. Put all your eggs in one basket and this is what happens. When you prostitute yourself to other unfriendly countries for cheap goods and commodities like being hooked on drugs your supplier raises the prices to a level that’s impossible to pay. But you have sold ALL your industry off to the highest unfriendly foreign bidder. Your totally stuffed..

Today (March 20th) the "cheapest" price is Euro 2,11 in my area...
That sounds pretty much the same as our Diesel + £1.79 litre.
There seems to be some talk of France having a 15c reduction
Where here in the UK it’s a 5p reduction.
Always last in the queue.

That sounds pretty much the same as our Diesel + £1.79 litre.
There seems to be some talk of France having a 15c reduction
Where here in the UK it’s a 5p reduction.
Always last in the queue.
France will have a 15cent per litre reduction from April 1st for 4 months, coincides with Presidential Election (cynical)

Think that I read that the pump price will remain the same but deduction given when paying.

Fluctuating exchange rate makes actual comparison difficult. What you get in terms of Euros for a pound is less than quoted daily rate headlined.

In my area in Switzerland it jumped from (converted) £1.47 to £1.72 when I tanked last week to £1.68 today. I'm not that fussed over it. Contributing to economic sanctions is better (and cheaper) than waging a war.

£1.74 in Brecon, Morrisons, yesterday.

France will have a 15cent per litre reduction from April 1st for 4 months, coincides with Presidential Election (cynical)

Think that I read that the pump price will remain the same but deduction given when paying.

Fluctuating exchange rate makes actual comparison difficult. What you get in terms of Euros for a pound is less than quoted daily rate headlined.
The £-€ exchange rate is fairly stable at €1.19 with the exchange rate at €1.18 for currency up or down a cent but pretty accurate. It’s pretty obvious that all these tax deductions are political in an election year but quite the opposite with the Tory’s who are in for at least another 2+ years otherwise the same would have happened here.
We are not suffering.. The people of Ukraine are suffering.

Diesel was £1.819 today at our local Shell station. More worryingly, Diesel seems to be about 14p per litre more than petrol. It’s always been within a few pence before now.

£1.79/litre locally but I have seen £1.95/litre in another filling station (not motorway services).

At the very end of the M4 there is a services called Pont Abraham. They were always at least 20-25p dearer than all the local filling stations. Since the fuel increases they don’t even display their prices any longer so I could easily imagine £2.10 - £2.15 a litre.

It doesn't really matter what the actual price is but the fact that fuel retailers are quick to put the price up and slow to bring it down. There should be an inquiry into the fuel retail industry to ensure that the pricing system is transparent there is no profiteering and the customer pays the correct amount.

It doesn't really matter what the actual price is but the fact that fuel retailers are quick to put the price up and slow to bring it down. There should be an inquiry into the fuel retail industry to ensure that the pricing system is transparent there is no profiteering and the customer pays the correct amount.
This is how the system works. Why would the Government want prices to go down? It means less revenue.
It’s always been like this as long as I can remember and can’t see it ever changing.
The price of a barrel of oil goes up and next day fuel prices rocket. The price of a barrel of oil goes down and 6 weeks later fuel goes down a penny.

This is how the system works. Why would the Government want prices to go down? It means less revenue.
It’s always been like this as long as I can remember and can’t see it ever changing.
The price of a barrel of oil goes up and next day fuel prices rocket. The price of a barrel of oil goes down and 6 weeks later fuel goes down a penny.
Start a Petition for the Welsh Assembly or House of Commons to debate the matter and hold an enquiry into Fuel Pricing?

Probability of Rishi taking 5p off fuel duty?... 90 percent, based on hints given. Of course that still only partially offsets the extra 8p in VAT when fuel is at £1.85 versus £1.35. So it would seem politically more expedient to temporarily cut the VAT element than the fuel duty, but then I'm not a politician so what do I know.

In that case you'll never know, so there's no point in going on about it.:thumb
Have you tried starting a petition in the Welsh Assembly? Nobody has that long to live. Anyway I’m entitled to my opinion the same as anyone. Even you....

In Sweden price for diesel have dropped down to 2.05864£. It was 2.24988£ a week ago.

Last time I filled up the van on 1st March. It was £1.497 per litre. Today 18days later the price is £1.889. Wow nearly 40p in 18days.

What’s the price near you? How much higher will it go before something is done.
Near Littlehampton, West Sussex: Filled up today at Asda £1.76.7, Petrol £1.64 (cheaper than Tesco).

In Tesco’s North Bristol it is £1.79 a jump of 25p since I last filled up.

175.9p at Morrisons this morning.