Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What’s the price of fuel in your area?

Pennies per litre, let’s celebrate with a firework display…

Local garage now selling Petrol at £1.69.9 per litre and diesel at £1.83.9. That’s at least 10p less than our cheapest supermarket. What’s the cheapest near you?

£1.94.9 diesel in Southampton has come down a little this week.

That’s very close to £2 per litre.
Is that motorway or supermarket price?
That’s regular filling station price. There are affiliated filling stations, but not really supermarket ones like in the UK. Autobahn tend to be a little higher. Small independent ones, especially in the mountain areas near the lifts can be +5% more.

With France now insisting Total reduce fuel prices at the pumps, Germany having reduced prices and Italy also lower even within 500m of the border, it would certainly be worth filling in one of Switzerland’s border countries. The saving currently will pay a good 50% + proportion to the Autobahnvignette.

That’s regular filling station price. There are affiliated filling stations, but not really supermarket ones like in the UK. Autobahn tend to be a little higher. Small independent ones, especially in the mountain areas near the lifts can be +5% more.

With France now insisting Total reduce fuel prices at the pumps, Germany having reduced prices and Italy also lower even within 500m of the border, it would certainly be worth filling in one of Switzerland’s border countries. The saving currently will pay a good 50% + proportion to the Autobahnvignette.
On our nearest motorway services the price for Petrol is £2.06.9 per litre yet 3 miles away in a regular garage the price is 37 pence a litre cheaper. It only needs a few service stations like this one to cut the prices and then they will all have to follow or not sell any fuel.

Last time I filled up the van on 1st March. It was £1.497 per litre. Today 18days later the price is £1.889. Wow nearly 40p in 18days.

What’s the price near you? How much higher will it go before something is done.
£1.829

I was working in Liverpool for a few days last week and paid £1.79 for Diesel at a Gulf station in Garston.

Reactions: SFO
Sainsburys £1.95.9 diesel today
Our Sainsbury's is also at 1.95, but have switched off the display. So, unless you get to the pump, you do not know the price and then once you are in ... Then it's like - ok, now that I've come here, might as well ...

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Our Sainsbury's is also at 1.95, but have switched off the display. So, unless you get to the pump, you do not know the price and then once you are in ... Then it's like - ok, now that I've come here, might as well ...

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
All the supermarkets are taking the p155. They could easily reduce by at least 10p a litre. Yet they chose not to. If a local garage can sell a £1.82 then so can supermarkets that buy in massive quantities.

It's the same in London, supermarkets are no longer cheaper - quite often more expensive - than local garages

Tesco's here have been doing that here turning off price display and you could only see the price at the pump which was more that Esso Shell and BP by 2p.

Tesco's here have been doing that here turning off price display and you could only see the price at the pump which was more that Esso Shell and BP by 2p.
I've noticed a couple of fuel stations with price displays turned off recently. To me that simply means "Don't even think of stopping here, try somewhere else".

Petrol now £1.66.9 and Diesel £1.79.9 local garage. Asda £1.74.7 Petrol and Diesel £185.7.

So it’s coming in the right direction, but still a long way to go.

Petrol now £1.66.9 and Diesel £1.79.9 local garage. Asda £1.74.7 Petrol and Diesel £185.7.

So it’s coming in the right direction, but still a long way to go.
Diesel £1.959 most stations Fort William, mean while Oban Esso £1.869

Diesel £1.959 most stations Fort William, mean while Oban Esso £1.869
This just shows what can be done if greed isn’t involved. We have a petrol station right at the end of the M4 selling Diesel at £2.09.9 and petrol at £2.06.9 that’s clear 30p and 40p difference compared to a local garage. Mind you I’ve never actually seen any private vehicles buy fuel there..

This just shows what can be done if greed isn’t involved. We have a petrol station right at the end of the M4 selling Diesel at £2.09.9 and petrol at £2.06.9 that’s clear 30p and 40p difference compared to a local garage. Mind you I’ve never actually seen any private vehicles buy fuel there..
Aye these two stations are normally between 4-13p different for the same Esso fuel, lucky for me I regularly go that way. There is a rural fuel discount which Fort William used to receive but not now, I believe.

The app :

“Petrol prices”

is great for finding the cheapest fuel near your location, using your phone.

you can change setting , location, fuel type etc. In the app to customise your search,
you can report fuel prices to help keep the app info bang up to date.

where I am currently diesel prices range from £188.7 - £197.9 (within a 20 mile radius )

as yes Tesco is the highest cost At several outlets !

Costco Chester today.
£162.9 unleaded
£177.7 Premium Diesel.

The app :

“Petrol prices”

is great for finding the cheapest fuel near your location, using your phone.

you can change setting , location, fuel type etc. In the app to customise your search,
you can report fuel prices to help keep the app info bang up to date.

where I am currently diesel prices range from £188.7 - £197.9 (within a 20 mile radius )

as yes Tesco is the highest cost At several outlets !
I cannot rate this app highly enough. Has saved me typically 3p to 10p per litre when not on home ground. Shows best fuel prices within up to 20 mile radius of your location and integrates with navigation when you select the best price fuel station.

A must have at moment

Link for App below
Apple store or Google play links for downloading at top of page

Pontyates coop garage petrol £1.61.9.
That’s almost 40p down on the heady heights of a couple of months ago.Still a long way to go.

Petrol now £1.55.9 and diesel £1.72.9 locally.
Petrol is 20p a litre more in Asda.