Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What are the little removable bits of metal in the floor called?

C

calamityjenny

Vehicle
T5 Beach
...I have one missing and want to buy a replacement, but don't know what to look for!

It's where the floor rails(?) are for the seat, and they pop out.

Cheers!

You mean the rectangular aluminium parts with the rubber seal on it?

I would describe it as (excuse if it doesn't make sense, because English is not my native language): removable aluminium part in the floor rails, for keeping dust out of the rail, and if removed, to get the rear bench out.

Or something.

Yes those! the missing one has left a dust filled gap!

Don't know the name in English (nor in Dutch).
They are a bit hard to put back. There is a trick to do it. You have to kind of slide it in the rail (there is some kind of spring in it to keep it in place).

You are welcome.
You see, this community really can help (sometimes, well most of the time).

Do you mean the stop, part (30) or the stop part (31) one is the stop for the seat the other is actually a trim cover.

You are welcome.
You see, this community really can help (sometimes, well most of the time).

yes! It really has, had my VW a couple of years - my sister has just bought a California also and recommended this forum :)

...now just to find one to replace the missing one!
You can "find" one at the local VW dealer.
Or if you are lucky you can find one at a scrap yard, but they they would need to have a California.

You can "find" one at the local VW dealer.
Or if you are lucky you can find one at a scrap yard, but they they would need to have a California.

OK, i'll call the local one, see if I can get my hands on one - thank you!

Just beware if you put it back. You need to kind of slide it in with the back. The spring must slide in the rail somewhere. Don't force it, and if it doesn't feel right, start all over again.
Once you have the feeling, it gets in as nothing.

Look, I think it is already sorted, and I am not going to strip my California and take pictures of every part ;)

Back