What are you drinking ?

A certain forum member would like this. Bulls head castleton

20220904_173531.jpg

I saw that too and ordered something else

^ You could wash that down with one of these -
images-41.jpeg

I'll stay on the stout.
images-42.jpeg

I can't really do alcohol any more but I've just discovered Doom Bar 0%! Been making do with zero continental light beers aka lager but I much prefer ale, preferably draught, but I think the 0% Doom Bar is better than the ordinary bottled one so that's a win for me.
Except that I forgot to take some to the show I was at today!

I can't really do alcohol any more but I've just discovered Doom Bar 0%! Been making do with zero continental light beers aka lager but I much prefer ale, preferably draught, but I think the 0% Doom Bar is better than the ordinary bottled one so that's a win for me.
Let me put it this way: I like to drink beer, preferably Belgian beer, but I can also enjoy a foreign - and even English - beer. Before I never drank beer without alcohol or it was just a tasting, so I have already tested several types, each time just as bad in taste. But: I recently discovered Sport Zot and this one is a good one. I sometimes drink it as a change from heavier beers such as Tripel Karmeliet, Chimay Blauw, Rocheford 10 or a Duveltje. Or, and this is a special one: Noir de Dottignies. This is mainly because I still have to drive the cali or to make a good impression, for example at a school party of one of our children. So I don't know if Sport Zot is available with you, but I would definitely recommend it. This is what they say about their beer and I can confirm it: 'the dealcoholized version of our Brugse Zot blond. The original rich aromas are maintained and there is no loss of flavour.'
123146550_3224044487693091_2595537977270542628_n.jpg
Oh, this is written with a touch of humor. Hopefully it will come across well because English is not my native language. But I do like Sport Zot.
Can I give another tip? Orval, a nice beer, but let it expire and even let it sit for a few years longer: they taste delicious and surprising, this is due to the wild yeast.
Greetings
Calibusje

Last edited:
Let me put it this way: I like to drink beer, preferably Belgian beer, but I can also enjoy a foreign - and even English - beer. Before I never drank beer without alcohol or it was just a tasting, so I have already tested several types, each time just as bad in taste. But: I recently discovered Sport Zot and this one is a good one. I sometimes drink it as a change from heavier beers such as Tripel Karmeliet, Chimay Blauw, Rocheford 10 or a Duveltje. Or, and this is a special one: Noir de Dottignies. This is mainly because I still have to drive the cali or to make a good impression, for example at a school party of one of our children. So I don't know if Sport Zot is available with you, but I would definitely recommend it. This is what they say about their beer and I can confirm it: 'the dealcoholized version of our Brugse Zot blond. The original rich aromas are maintained and there is no loss of flavour.'
View attachment 98843
Oh, this is written with a touch of humor. Hopefully it will come across well because English is not my native language. But I do like Sport Zot.
Can I give another tip? Orval, a nice beer, but let it expire and even let it sit for a few years longer: they taste delicious and surprising, this is due to the wild yeast.
Greetings
Calibusje
Yes the humour comes across! But I think you can drink your Belgian beer and I will stay with my English - or rather, Corniche ale!

Yes the humour comes across! But I think you can drink your Belgian beer and I will stay with my English - or rather, Corniche ale!
Sure, fair enough. I'll try your Corniche ale as soon as I get the chance.

Sport Zot.
Thanks, I’ve ordered some and will report back.
Best alcohol free beer I’ve found so far is Jump/Ship’s Yardarm
My Dad thinks I’m losing my marbles paying nearly £2 for a can of “beer flavoured water” - but the truth is it satisfies me as much as a can of lager. I’m looking for a cold wet fizzy drink with a dry beer flavour when I finish work, but know I shouldn’t be drinking alcohol every night, and I don’t feel the effect of one can of lager anyway really.
I now only drink booze at the weekend. It’s solved my alcoholism/health worries and honestly tastes great. I handed one to my father in law a few weeks back and he didn’t twig. When I told him he was impressed. When you know, you CAN tell, but the psychology is interesting

Last edited:
View attachment 98843

Thank you.

After a long cycle ride followed by walking my dog I have just come in and really wanted a beer but not the alcohol (too much over the weekend!).

I've just tried to finish a glass of Heineken alcohol free and it's truly, really, disgusting stuff. It almost drove me to drink!!

I now have a case of Sportzot on it's way to me :upsidedown:upsidedown:upsidedown:upsidedown

Thank you.

After a long cycle ride followed by walking my dog I have just come in and really wanted a beer but not the alcohol (too much over the weekend!).

I've just tried to finish a glass of Heineken alcohol free and it's truly, really, disgusting stuff. It almost drove me to drink!!

I now have a case of Sportzot on it's way to me :upsidedown:upsidedown:upsidedown:upsidedown
& @66tim99
I will not comment on Heineken, but professionally I have seen Heineken disappear several times in fermenters and biogas installations and be processed into green energy, or as an intermediate step to natural fertilizers. It didn’t bother me. I must mention that one of my favorite beers is Dutch: La Trappe.
I hope you all like and enjoy Sport Zot and tastes differ, of course, but as an alcohol-free beer it is definitely a winner for me.
And now that I think about it, another of my favorite beers is American: Spencer Imperial stout. So not all good beers are Belgian ;)

Last edited:
Just a couple of pints of 1664.
This one’s all about location. My 2nd fav bar. A cool down to earth bar in amongst the crazy pissing contest that is St Tropez.8AB0550F-AD2B-45D2-96C8-AE5482181B1E.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 98903
Very nice, doesn’t have the sweetness of so many (including disgusting Kaliber). Great there are so many decent alcohol free beers now.
Thanks
I'm glad you like it and indeed, you noticed that right: not extra sweetened like many other non-alcoholic beers.
Many also like the Carlsberg 0.0%, unfortunately I found it tasteless but as tastes differ, it is one also worth trying.

Last edited:
This is a tasty non alcoholic beer on offer this month £3.00 for 4 bottle’s in Waitrose.

6C227478-08AD-4B17-A435-95DC3BE1CCB4.jpeg

This is a tasty non alcoholic beer on offer this month £3.00 for 4 bottle’s in Waitrose.

View attachment 98912
I actually like to drink a San Miguel when I used to go to Spain with the tent. Maybe the non-alcoholic one is a good one, will test it if I come across it.

image.jpg

In the interests of serious research, my wife and I have spent the last two weeks driving the Wild Atlantic Way, hopping from pub car park to pub car park (sometimes Distillery car parks).

Much more research is required but a very provisional conclusion has been reached. The above single malt is very acceptable!

Damm beer is alcohol free and Damm good!

Can I give another tip? Orval, a nice beer, but let it expire and even let it sit for a few years longer: they taste delicious and surprising, this is due to the wild yeast
good tip. I had a case of Westvleteren XII that were a few years old too. Orval is easily one of my top 3 beers

Water. You must drink at least 2l a day.

Back