Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Whiskey or Whisky

As a fan of single malts (with age being a valued factor) but who’s always curious about the new...... this is extremely easy drinking as is much of the Japanese!

0127B0B5-793B-4833-8331-8EBC9BAFD05B.jpeg

This one was £10 off in Tesco last week and I can’t resist an Islay malt

View attachment 53151

Islay the land of the Gods of Whisky starting with Ardbeg as my favourite distillery the brewery ain’t bad either please pass on my regards if you get there to Paul & Paul! (You could just ask them if they remember the Five cyclist two of them Russian!? )

Few are distillery only refills so I tend to guzzle them less

View attachment 57482

Do you keep them in alphabetical, geographical or age order?

I have a much less impressive selection & due to current travel restrictions my stocks are somewhat depleted. I like to buy at the distillery - or at least local to it, that way the taste brings back pleasant memories of holidays.
Years ago I was one of a team covering our 22 Scottish construction offices & spent Monday to Thursday nights sampling & blind tasting whisky & got pretty good at identifying them.
These days when we get together we still have a tasting session & I always like to have one or two unusual ones to throw into the mix just to confuse peopleIMG_1211.jpg.
The last session included these two, The one on the left a pretty bland canadian blend & more interestingly the ukranian one on the right - I would swear blind that its a 12 year old Glenkinchie in a foreign bottle.

Hi Andy, no real order, the Swedish and other countries are on the bottom shelf, apart from the Paul John which is Indian, I have a Glenkinchie 20 Distillery only special behind that Arbelour, it's the distillery I've visited most given it's proximity to Edinburgh where I my sister used to live and we used to often drive near there in the Cali on the way to visit her and the family after camping in the borders.

Have a few specials from Tomatin and Talisker and a few collector bottles from Friends of the Classic Malts from Talisker and Cragganmore (Diageo owned)

If anyone likes Talisker I recommend this FoCM 12 year Sherry refill https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/talisker/talisker-friends-of-the-classic-malts-whisky/

Last edited:
Hi Andy, no real order, the Swedish and other countries are on the bottom shelf, apart from the Paul John which is Indian, I have a Glenkinchie 20 Distillery only special behind that Arbelour, it's the distillery I've visited most given it's proximity to Edinburgh where I my sister used to live and we used to often drive near there in the Cali on the way to visit her and the family after camping in the borders.

Have a few specials from Tomatin and Talisker and a few collector bottles from Friends of the Classic Malts from Talisker and Cragganmore (Diageo owned)

If anyone likes Talisker I recommend this FoCM 12 year Sherry refill https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/talisker/talisker-friends-of-the-classic-malts-whisky/

I've tried one of the Paul John offerings, can't remember which one exactly but it was mind-bendingly good and overturns any chauvinistic assumptions about Indian whisky.

Unopened VD but I'm going to dive in on yours (and my Dads) recommendation.

About a year ago I was lucky enough to take part in a blind tasting of about a dozen interesting whiskies from around the world, led by Jim Murray the whisk(e)y writer, and the Paul John was chosen by the majority of us as the best in the line-up. I hope you enjoy yours.

Sharing whisky is the best, Sisters hubby is up to 200 bottles, some north of 3k, happy to share too, he’s Irish and a good mate ❤️