Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What did you cook in your Ridge Monkey?

Collieboy

Collieboy

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi just got my RidgeMonkey toaster as a Christmas Present
Tried a ham and cheese toast to tide me over until Turkey Time

Lovely!! if slightly burnt! I don't think I turned it quickly enough.
Cant wait to try left over turkey mozzarella and hot peppers tomorrow

What else are you guys cooking up?

[RSVP=22278]Click here to RSVP[/RSVP]

At the moment nothing yet as i am looking to buy one....
Please share your experiences and pictures:D
Maybe i'll wait some longer to buy reading the reports here and one comes on offer 2nd hand

Last edited:
I do omelettes, bacon & eggs, steam veg, the odd toastie, whatever...it's basically a very good non-stick frying pan with the added advantage of being able to turn the entire pan, not the food & that it holds steam, which can be useful.

I got one for my mum but she doesn't like it, so now I have two! :)

Agree with Jay586, good non stick pan.

Do Spanish omelettes, fried breakfasts, curries etc. use XL one.
Look at YouTube clips for inspiration. Some on ridge monkey tv & carp fishing .

Do you sometimes use the Ridge Monkey on the inner California hob, or always on an external burner?
If external, which one do you use, or which one do you prefer?

No preference ,use the inner hob & external burner . It’s more weather dependent than anything .

Orderd the bundle deal with the protecting case from the forum shop last week.
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/ridgemonkey-deep-fill-sandwich-toaster-xl

Arrived today (international shipping to Belgium ) , great work from the forum shop!

Offcoarse needed to try it out , in the homekitchen as camping is not on the program these days.
We where planning to make quick snack "croque monsieur" .
Just bread , cheese and smoked salmon with some salad.
Preheated the RidgeMonkey 2-3min .
Trow the croque in and ready to eat within' 5min.

First test succeed !
IMG_6991.JPG IMG_6991.JPG IMG_6992.JPG IMG_6993.JPG IMG_6994.JPG IMG_6995.JPG

Last edited:
Looks great!
If you want the cheese to melt within the toastie I find its best to turn every 30 secs to prevent the outside burning.

Orderd the packadge deal with the protecting case from the forum shop last week.
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/ridgemonkey-deep-fill-sandwich-toaster-xl

Arrived today (international shipping to Belgium ) , great work from the forum shop!

Offcoarse needed to try it out , in the homekitchen as camping is not on the program these days.
We where planning to make quick snack "croque monsieur" .
Just bread , cheese and smoked salmon with some salad.
Preheated the RidgeMonkey 2-3min .
Trow the croque in and ready to eat within' 5min.

First test succeed !
It makes me want
Could you tell me how much to pay for shipping costs to Belgium?

@Wesel , the shippingcost when buying from the forumshop is about 23€ to Belgium but that are fixed prices for delvery outside the UK i guess , the shop don't make money on shippingcosts.....
The thing is i wanted to be sure i get my item as orderd , witch i'm pretty sure of when buying in our forumshop .
The bundle deal came with the cover to store the pan , that is sold seperate for 13€ elswhere , the Ridgemonkey deep fill itself you find for 30-40€ priced online elswhere.
The forumshop charges 29,99£ For the bundledeal
VIP members get 5% discount

Bought a Cali cover also in the forumshop the past year and was realy happy with it.

You don't find the RidgeMonkey easy in Belgium , found one store in Bruges .
And online most come from outside Belgium and also count extra shipping and taxes to Belgium , if they have stock ...witch is rare.

Look in the shop and combine shipping with other things ....
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/

What can you do in a Ridge Monkey that you can't do in a frying pan?

Thats the million dollar Question...:D will let you know!
Just a popular cooking gadget now a days .
As with lots of gadgets there are maybe cheaper/better/other options but as usual one want this or that just becose you think it looks cool or works easyer , gives better result.
...what can you do in a SE/coast/Ocean that you can't do in a Beach....?:Nailbiting

Why there's lot's that buy a Cadac ?

Reactions: Pod

Steam things, heat both sides of the food (turn an omelette or sandwich over) without too much fiddling and it's pretty good at being non-stick, which is a thing in itself.

Thats the million dollar Question...:D will let you know!
Just a popular cooking gadget now a days .
As with lots of gadgets there are maybe cheaper/better/other options but as usual one want this or that just becose you think it looks cool or works easyer , gives better result.
...what can you do in a SE/coast/Ocean that you can't do in a Beach....?:Nailbiting

Why there's lot's that buy a Cadac ?
I'm not dissing it I'm trying to decide whether I should get one for our kitchen/Cali. I don't eat cheese so it has to more than make toasties.

I'm not dissing it I'm trying to decide whether I should get one for our kitchen/Cali. I don't eat cheese so it has to more than make toasties.

I never was thinking you where dissing me Chris , i know where to find you if so....:D
There are some video's on tuubtuub , you can do anything in it and as said above it's a non sticky pan witch requires no or minimum grease (butter / oil)
Seen some great fried egg's made in it also.

Last edited:
Needed meatballs for dinner tonight witch we normal bake in a standard pan....
hey another thing to try out in the RidgeMonkey !
Rolled some balls and trowed them on the pre-heated RidgeMonkey
Did not added butter or oil
They baked very well ,after baking they go in the pot with bolied celder in a tomato flavord bechamel -sauce and some potato's
IMG_7016.JPG IMG_7017.JPG
IMG_7018.JPGIMG_7019.JPG

Needed meatballs for dinner tonight witch we normal bake in a standard pan....
hey another thing to try out in the RidgeMonkey !
Rolled some balls and trowed them on the pre-heated RidgeMonkey
Did not added butter or oil
They baked very well ,after baking they go in the pot with bolied celder in a tomato flavord bechamel -sauce and some potato's
View attachment 29041 View attachment 29042
View attachment 29043View attachment 29044
Yum yum. I've not had the chance to try ours yet.

We cooked pizza on ours last night, that is one ready meal we miss in the van, you can only do a few slices at a time but works a treat and is fast.

Inspired by this guy however my pizza turned out better than his!

Been trying out some stuff .
Today tried to make toast in the RidgeMonkey...@home that is on the gas pit in the kitchen .
Used 2 days old leftover bread that is allready a bit dryed out .
No butter,oil ...obvious i guess.
Pre-heat the pan on high level
Put slice bread in ...lower the heat to 1/2
Flip the pan arround frequent or you end up with a African toast as i did with the first attempt :D
Ending up with a pretty good result
IMG_7201.JPG

Downside:
Takes a bit longer than with a 220V toaster
You need to sit next to the pit to flip the pan over frequent , but in the Cali you are sitting next to the coocker so easy done;)
Only one slice bread a time , you could cut up two slices to fit the pan...

Plusside:
No need to carry a 220V toaster
Cleans very easy , alltough it would have been nice that the two parts could be unlocked from eachother for cleaning and to use as two seperate pans( ...hmm thats more a downside then?)

Been trying out some stuff .
Today tried to make toast in the RidgeMonkey...@home that is on the gas pit in the kitchen .
Used 2 days old leftover bread that is allready a bit dryed out .
No butter,oil ...obvious i guess.
Pre-heat the pan on high level
Put slice bread in ...lower the heat to 1/2
Flip the pan arround frequent or you end up with a African toast as i did with the first attempt :D
Ending up with a pretty good result
View attachment 30525

Downside:
Takes a bit longer than with a 220V toaster
You need to sit next to the pit to flip the pan over frequent , but in the Cali you are sitting next to the coocker so easy done;)
Only one slice bread a time , you could cut up two slices to fit the pan...

Plusside:
No need to carry a 220V toaster
Cleans very easy , alltough it would have been nice that the two parts could be unlocked from eachother for cleaning and to use as two seperate pans( ...hmm thats more a downside then?)
Put two slices of bread on top of each other,then flip them over as normal.

Cooked steak and potatoes yesterday and had a bacon cheese and egg omelette today yummy, tried to upload a video of the cooked omelette but some kind of security error never mind

Should I buy a RidgeMonkey Deep Fill Sandwich Toaster XL or a RidgeMonkey Connect Non Stick Combi Pan? Can you cook a toasty in the connect combi?

I like the idea of the detachable handles & that the combi can be used as two separate pans, but is it as good as the original design?

I purchased a Ridge Monkey from the club shop last week and just used it for lunch this afternoon and I am blown away at how good it is! All I have done is a boring cheese and ham toastie now I am eager for some more great recipes and wondering what you guys cook on yours ?

Back