Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What did you do over bank holiday weekend?

IMG_5401.PNG

Spent four days at CarFest South. Great weather, great music, some fantastic cars and met some nice Cali guys. Also saw the new Peugeot camper van, wasn't impressed.

Like GrannyJen, we went into recluse mode as we also live at the coast - we tidied the garage, cleaned Cali and got everything ready to go away this Friday for three nights.

I'm afraid Bank Holidays are my worst nightmare. Last May my Aunt insisted I help babysit my cousins offspring whilst they went to a wedding overnight. I left London for South Devon at 4am on the Saturday and it still took till 10.30 to get there! On the way back on the Monday I left at 8am and it took me 10 hours back to London.....so I'm afraid the Cali stayed firmly in the drive this time! Also could only find 1 campsite in the whole if East Anglia with a space and it had no hook up and the teenager refused to go. So spent the time with her putting her portfolio if films together to re-apply for sixth form at the BRIT.

I'm afraid Bank Holidays are my worst nightmare. Last May my Aunt insisted I help babysit my cousins offspring whilst they went to a wedding overnight. I left London for South Devon at 4am on the Saturday and it still took till 10.30 to get there! On the way back on the Monday I left at 8am and it took me 10 hours back to London.....so I'm afraid the Cali stayed firmly in the drive this time! Also could only find 1 campsite in the whole if East Anglia with a space and it had no hook up and the teenager refused to go. So spent the time with her putting her portfolio if films together to re-apply for sixth form at the BRIT.
Oh dear! I used to get dragged up north to look after my sister's brood when she went away. They weren't too bad, but they did like to argue and wrestle a lot, which was a long way out of my comfort zone as I was used to an only child who hadn't really been exposed to such ebullient family life. It was an experience for him as much as me!

Bank holidays don't really exist in our house. My husband works for himself so is at work 24/7 unless there's a compelling reason not to. It's not that he's a workaholic, I just think he's got the usual self employed pathological fear of running out of work, so finds it hard to turn things down (I'm unable to work because of intermittent MS relapses). He's currently in Namibia. This is why I am so looking forward to him slowing down a bit (not necessarily complete retirement, as then he will just be scrolling through Twitter all day and I will feel the urge to nag!). On the upside, if he's not too busy and the weather's nice, we sometimes pop out in the van for an adventure when everyone else is at work. It cuts both ways.

Good luck to your daughter. Navigating the UK educational system is quite a challenge in the 21st century, regardless of your child's particular talents! Having just got our son into uni (after a bit of jiggery pokery following a dodgy result for one of his A levels) we are now breathing a sigh of relief. Going forward, we've just got to hope he doesn't change his mind after the first term (I don't think he will - he's a fairly steady young man - a budding civil engineer).

We spent the weekend at a fantastic family party in Wells parked up in my cousins garden overlooking open countryside. It was the first time we have slept in the van for nearly 12 months following a harrowing year when my elderly Mum broke her hip and sadly popped off.
We are just packing the van for 10 days in Brittany, and so, so happy to be back on the road!

Well done Verity's young adult. I hope he's not like me and threw my self into every extra activity hardly leaving time for Uni studies! I did however make those extra activities into my career for 25 years though.

Kitty if heading to Brittany we stayed at a fantastic municipal site in Perros Guirec this Summer really cheap , or actually free as there us an Aire attached. Pool and bar restaurant....thoroughly recommend it.

We spent the weekend at a fantastic family party in Wells parked up in my cousins garden overlooking open countryside. It was the first time we have slept in the van for nearly 12 months following a harrowing year when my elderly Mum broke her hip and sadly popped off.
We are just packing the van for 10 days in Brittany, and so, so happy to be back on the road!
Sounds wonderful. Enjoy!

Like Granny Jen we stayed at home - for the same reason! I did venture out on the Sunday, just a few miles up the road to take photos of a race where my daughter was running. The East Farm Frolic is a race where you do as many (or as few) laps as you wish, as a solo or in relay teams, it's also a fun event - a great big running party!

My daughter runs marathons and has done 'ultras' (bit more than a marathon) and wanted to run further than she ever had - she finished on 40.2 miles (her previous furthest was 34) - this picture taken during a break when she was on 34 miles!

DSCF0271.JPG

Back