Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bank Holiday Weekend

theonecraw

theonecraw

aka Rioja
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Counting down the minutes until the 3 day weekend. :bananadance:bananadance:bananadance

We are taking Rioja on a visit to Corfe Castle and staying at the nearby C&CC site. What has everybody else got planned for the Bank Holiday Weekend?

Why is it a hollyday in the UK?
1st may?
It is a hollyday in Belgium but at my work hollydays in weekend(as it is this years 1may) do not automaticly go to the monday....we recuperate those days and have them between Xmas and Newyear witch i like more as on extended weekend ( bank hollydays as you call it) everyone has off and sites and roads are to busy.
I prefer taking off when the most have to work....so it is less busy.

Counting down the minutes until the 3 day weekend. :bananadance:bananadance:bananadance

We are taking Rioja on a visit to Corfe Castle and staying at the nearby C&CC site. What has everybody else got planned for the Bank Holiday Weekend?

We must stop meeting like this!

I was going there Sunday but as it's bank holiday it is a 3 day minimum stop so I am going to the CC site at Hunters moon instead

We stayed there a few years back - we went for a quick stroll in the woods opposite and got lost in the myriad of cycle paths, so you may want to take a very long piece of string with you and tie it to a tree on the way in if you decide to go there!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

we went for a quick stroll in the woods opposite and got lost in the myriad of cycle paths, so you may want to take a very long piece of string with you and tie it to a tree on the way in if you decide to go there!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

I remember that big boy, you certianly made me blush on that afternoon xx

Why is it a hollyday in the UK?
1st may?
It is a hollyday in Belgium but at my work hollydays in weekend(as it is this years 1may) do not automaticly go to the monday....we recuperate those days and have them between Xmas and Newyear witch i like more as on extended weekend ( bank hollydays as you call it) everyone has off and sites and roads are to busy.
I prefer taking off when the most have to work....so it is less busy.
It is a public holiday to celebrate Spring Festival. Don't you have bank holidays next week 5th and 6th May? Belgium has lots more than the UK by the way.

It is a public holiday to celebrate Spring Festival. Don't you have bank holidays next week 5th and 6th May? Belgium has lots more than the UK by the way.

Belgium has labour Day.

They also celebrate my birthday this year but are calling it Mothers day.....

That should have really been Granny day but hey-ho, I can't expect everyone to get it right :(

Supervising A level revision. Think we're grounded for a few weeks.:(

Site is fantastic. Great location. Enjoying some wine and chips from the van that caters on site. Bliss!

P.S. @GrannyJen we will have a glass of wine together soon.

The 5th is a holliday but the 6th i have to work ( some are taking a xtra day from their personal vacation to "bridge" the 6th) , it all depends in what professional sector you work , private or governement - buildingsector or officejob-etc....
We did see some hollidays taken away by the governement the last few years though.
Could be i bridge the 6th , do not know yet , depents on the weatherforecast ....at my work they are very flexible .
If i agree whit my collegue i can take off any time even the next day .....as long as there is one of us availebe my boss is ok with it.
But oh boy the weather ....was pretty poor recently!

Site is fantastic. Great location. Enjoying some wine and chips from the van that caters on site. Bliss!

P.S. @GrannyJen we will have a glass of wine together soon.

Thanks for the review.
Going to be our first site to stay on once we have our Ocean.
Definitely packing the red wine & the westies.

We're just back from a couple of days at the CC site at Dulverton, Somerset. We thought a long quiet walk on Exmoor would be nice - half a mile in and we were engulfed in kids doing the Exmoor Challenge... our route and theirs was largely the same... not such a quiet walk but great fun. Some of the kids were tiny but were really going for it!

There was 4 California's at the site this weekend. Met some lovely people and the weather was simply fantastic..! @Volky

Last edited:
There was 4 California's at the site this weekend. Met some lovely people and the weather was simply fantastic..!

It wasn't fantastic today :shocked

Crossing over from Sandbanks to Studland it was difficult to see where the sea ended and the sky began :sad

Back