Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What did you do over bank holiday weekend?

W

WooburnCalifornia

What a wonderful bank holiday weekend, just got back from three nights in Swanage, even got a sun tan!

Isn't the Cali a wonderful life changing vehicle, I just wish our summers were longer, the August bank holiday always feels like the wind down to the winter :(

This bank holiday we went to Anglesey island.
Camped at Tai Hirion Caravan and Camping Site near Rhoscefnhir. Great site not too far onto the island. Very clean site great for kids too.

IMG_2145.JPG

Had three great days there with good weather. Totally recommend if you have not been to Anglesey. Visited beaches at Rhosneiger, Red Wharf Bay and along towards Black Point past Beaumaris. (Red Boat Ice Cream Parlour at Beaumaris for the best ice cream ever!)
IMG_2165.JPG

15b398cbfceb6b75b5721e6490e10973.jpg

629b4f21e9a217a63930237a9e4c7742.jpg

Bit of kayaking along the river in Warwick and day out at the Tanks and Trucks show on Monday for a few hours to catch up with friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went into recluse mode.

I live on the South Coast and probably one of the hottest and sunniest bank holidays for years. I walked my dogs on my local uncrowded beach and avoided all other areas, any notion of trying to escape by road was pretty delusionary anyway. :D

Last edited:
Went into recluse mode.

I live on the South Coast and probably one of the hottest and sunniest bank holidays for years. I walked my dogs on my local uncrowned beach and avoided all other areas, any notion of trying to escape by road was pretty delusionary anyway. :D
Not affected by the ghostly gas attack hopefully

Went to the VW jamboree at Stithians in Cornwal for the day. Friendly crowd and some nice vehicles.

Since we don't have our Cali yet we sat and stared longingly at everyone else's pictures :Depressed
and then took the dog on a couple of long walks over the gorgeous bank holiday weekend. :thumb

Took Gracie out on her second adventure to Exmoor for two nights. Found a Gem of a campsite and tried hook up for the first time, luxury!! Nespresso worked a treat!

IMG_4566.JPG

Went into recluse mode.

I live on the South Coast and probably one of the hottest and sunniest bank holidays for years. I walked my dogs on my local uncrowned beach and avoided all other areas, any notion of trying to escape by road was pretty delusionary anyway. :D
Why would you want to escape? God's own country!

We threw a bag of clothes in the van & headed south on Wednesday night after work, left Leicestershire at 7pm & was pitched up & beds made in the car park of The Bettle & Chisel in Delabole by 11:30pm.

Thursday morning we had fresh hot bacon rolls from the local Spar then ventured into Newquay, the afternoon was spent on the beach in Harlyn Bay, in the evening we headed back to The Bettle & Chisel for a meal and a few drinks before spending another night in their carpark.

IMG_5472.JPG

Great beach for the kids to body board & dogs allowed all year round, carpark right next to the beach too.

IMG_5615.JPG

The built in clothes dryer on the Cali works really well too.

Friday Morning we drove over to Polperro and had breakfast before visiting the wife's Uncle who lives in Rame for a lunch of locally made pasties sat in their garden. We then started south to find somewhere close to St Ives but continued down to Lands End before heading back to a Pub stopover just outside of Hayle.

IMG_5490.JPG

IMG_5509.JPG

We got into St Ives Saturday morning nice and early managing to bag a good parking spot in the centre for a wander around the town, pub lunch & the afternoon was spent on the only dog friendly beach. We headed over towards Perranporth later for an hour before heading to a little pub in Mithian, fantastic food & a lovely little place to stop over.

IMG_5535.JPG

Sunday morning we needed to pick up a sunroof for a friends Baywindow Landmark Bus from a guy in Goonhavern to transport back to Leicestershire, the guy runs some holiday lets & also rents out campers.

He had a few toys waiting his attention which caught my eye.

IMG_5539.JPG IMG_5538.JPG
Safely loaded the apparently rare sunroof then sat chatting over a coffee, we then headed off to find another friend staying over at Pentewan Sands, lovely site but it was rammed & after finding our friend we thought we would grab some food and maybe go to the beach with them but we were told to leave the site due to having our little pooch with us & we hadn't spotted that the site was a no dogs allowed!

We stopped and used the toilets including the emptying of our chemical toilet before leaving...

IMG_5546.JPG

So we said goodbye & headed back across to Perranporth where we hit the beach for a bit of body boarding before grabbing some delicious fish n chips, later we set off for home about 7pm arriving back in Leicestershire just after midnight...

Had an awesome time just going wherever we wanted to go and staying in some fantastic places, love the freedom the Cali gives us to just travel around wherever we want. Roll on the next adventure!

IMG_5701.JPG

Had an awesome time just going wherever we wanted to go and staying in some fantastic places, love the freedom the Cali gives us to just travel around wherever we want. Roll on the next adventure!

View attachment 25184[/QUOTE]That sounds perfect. My poor Cali sat on the front drive all weekend. Husband came home from a business trip on Friday night, then left for Africa again for another 2 week trip on Sunday morning, so I spent my weekend washing and ironing ready for him to repack and shove off again! I shall be taking the Cali up to Chester at the weekend to visit my folks, then down to the South coast next week to visit the in-laws - it's the last visit for my son to them all before he gets all grown up and goes to uni :(

I can't wait for my husband to retire. Every time the sun comes out, he disappears off somewhere far away on a plane. I shouldn't complain, because it pays the bills ........

I hear we're going to have an Indian summer. Great - as soon as we've despatched The Boy we'll do a nice week's vanning - can't decide whether to do Scotland or France. The weather forecast will decide for us, no doubt! My husband has booked the week off directly following 'The Leaving of The Boy'. He knows I'll be a blithering wreck and thinks it'll take my mind off it. Seems only yesterday he was a bawling toddler and I spent every daylight hour and two thirds of the night cursing him and dreaming of the day he would leave home ....... any other soon-to-be-empty nesters out there?

Spent the weekend at home too nice to go away. Headed to some secret local spots on Saturday and Sunday, it paid off didn't see anyone else about they were all at the beach.

Spent the weekend at home too nice to go away. Headed to some secret local spots on Saturday and Sunday paid off didn't see anyone else about they were all at the beach.
Just the one. That's probably why I'll be such a wreck. He's been my life's work for the last 19 years. Apron strings will have to be cut. He can't wait!

Just the one. That's probably why I'll be such a wreck. He's been my life's work for the last 19 years. Apron strings will have to be cut. He can't wait!
Sounds like you need a hobby to fill the void. Planning trips and holidays and exploring in your Cali might be just the ticket :thumb

Hi, do you kindly have an image of windsurfing stuff loaded on the Cali?
Thanks, Enrico
We were taking 2 boards, 6 rigs, 2 SUPs, 2 bikes and other stuff so we used our trailer. We only use the roof rack if travelling light or expect issues with parking the trailer. Sorry I don't have any pics.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Sounds like you need a hobby to fill the void. Planning trips and holidays and exploring in your Cali might be just the ticket :thumb
I'm on it! Plus we intend to sell up and move to Shropshire. That will definitely give me something else to stress about. With that and tending to the Ancient Parents in Chester I should be fairly busy. Of course, the odd trip in the Cali to a campsite near the uni might not be out of the question... . Just for a cuppa and a catch up, you understand - I don't want to be creepy clingy mum!

What a wonderful bank holiday weekend, just got back from three nights in Swanage, even got a sun tan!

Isn't the Cali a wonderful life changing vehicle, I just wish our summers were longer, the August bank holiday always feels like the wind down to the winter :(

4 Nights near Swanage at the Purbeck Valley Folk Festival, wonderful event and made easier as we arrived early and got a level pitch. Guitar workshops every day ( Folk Orc http://www.folkorc.co.uk ) and a very chilled easy going atmosphere. Single solar panel saw us leave with the batteries at 100% (we use power banks for phones & iPad charging) thanks to wall to wall sunshine.

Back