Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Following on from chat earlier in the thread, for those who were wondering about the CaliBoard & CaliHeat we got from 50Nord, we've just put a new video live detailing the installation and first impressions. I know a number were interested in it, so thought i'd share.

<SPOILER> It's now one of my favourite bits of gear we've got for camping and made the nights far nicer (both in space and warmth) without losing out on light penetration and no need to go outside the van to wrap anything around.

Hi, could you tell me where you got this from.
We got ours from the VW dealer we bought the van from. However the black plastic doesn’t stand up to sunlight and ours is getting lighter and lighter. I’ll replace it with a stainless steel protector instead later this year.

We got ours from the VW dealer we bought the van from. However the black plastic doesn’t stand up to sunlight and ours is getting lighter and lighter. I’ll replace it with a stainless steel protector instead later this year.
Agree, after less than 18 months my bumper protector whilst doing the job it was designed for as faded and stained easil, bit disappointing as was a genuine VW part. Have tries Auto Glym trim restore on it with limited success.

Have you tried removing one yet? I need to replace mine as it is cracked. I was thinking a heat gun should do the trick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kitchen shelf all the way from Calicap.de to replace the IKEA hack.
Of all the options available this seemed to be the best one for us. Runs the full availabile length of the kitchen area, not overly intrusive into the cab/kitchen space below, good colour match and not £megabucks. The ability to avoid import tax also a big bonus on this occasion.
I'll drop some more pics on the kitchen shelf thread (when I've tidied the van).

They no longer ship direct to the UK so this was kindly delivered via friends in Germany.

PXL_20240423_133036672-01.jpeg

Used our calicave for first time last weekend. Super quick setup with peggy pegs. Sadly not perfectly pitched due to bad weather and sloping awning. Fits very small in my rear drawer, see last picture middle pack. I liked this tent because it slopes out and therefore fits my bikes inside the tent and also the table and chairs. IMG_3818.jpegIMG_3823.jpegIMG_3793.jpegping awning

I concede my wife's pillow wins. I forgot mine this weekend and ‘borrowed’ hers. Just ordered one. I was convinced mine was better … the one from my bed. Wrong

Used our calicave for first time last weekend. Super quick setup with peggy pegs. Sadly not perfectly pitched due to bad weather and sloping awning. Fits very small in my rear drawer, see last picture middle pack. I liked this tent because it slopes out and therefore fits my bikes inside the tent and also the table and chairs. View attachment 122385View attachment 122386View attachment 122387ping awning
We have the same awning. Expensive but worth it. Like your plywood around the tray as well, been tempted to do that myself.

We have the same awning. Expensive but worth it. Like your plywood around the tray as well, been tempted to do that myself.
They do look good, but last time I asked Calicap.de no longer ship to UK post-Brexit.
It would be great if Comfortz could be persuaded to offer the infill panels for their awning rooms. I'm sure they'd be popular.

They do look good, but last time I asked Calicap.de no longer ship to UK post-Brexit.
It would be great if Comfortz could be persuaded to offer the infill panels for their awning rooms. I'm sure they'd be popular.
My mistake. Ours are from California Camping rather than Calicap, but virtually the same product. Made from the same material that Brandrup use. Fold up far smaller than the Comfortz awning room, which I have also owned and sold shortly after because of how much space it took up.

The plywood is a gamechanger for me. Everything is much sturdier. Before it was falling over or sliding around. Also protects the left side where i keep my longer items. Before had to be careful not to damage the sidewall or table

Still need to find some time to paint it grey :)

The plywood is a gamechanger for me. Everything is much sturdier. Before it was falling over or sliding around. Also protects the left side where i keep my longer items. Before had to be careful not to damage the sidewall or table

Still need to find some time to paint it grey :)
Been meaning to do something similar for a while. Currently use various boxes & crates to provide higher sides, but of course that reduces the overall storage space.

Exactly the reason i didnt want to use crates.
Each side of the crate is around 2.5cm which reduces the storage with 10cm in length and width and 2.5cm height. Thats a lot for such a relative small place
I bought the shorter drawer because i didnt want to loose any space in the seating area so didnt want to loose any extra in the drawer.

Plywood is 12mm which only cost me 24mm length, 36mm width and no height. Also allows me to store longer items which normally would fit in a normal crate.

Again, gamechanger and fun project to do :)

Back