Changed wardrobe today

bvddobb

bvddobb

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174 4Motion
Today we changed our standard Cali wardrobe into a cupboard:

We used this set from Aljo, the original German suppliers of the Cali interior. Thus having the exact same material as the original interior. And all ready-to-fit parts with all the fitting material included for a non-drilling fitting.

Marga's comment: "This will be sooo very much my closet" :cool:

legkast-klein.JPG

Oooh - good find!

I like the 2nd drawer for the kitchen cupboard that fits between the existing drawer and a porta potty too.

Nice.

How easy was it to fit these, for someone that has never done anything like this before?

Very easy. I had never done a thing like this before either. Everything you need is in the kit, down to wipes to degrease the surface before you glue the stays. No tools needed. Very clear instructions (albeit in German) included, with very clear pictures.

bvddobb said:
Today we changed our standard Cali wardrobe into a cupboard:

We used this set from Aljo, the original German suppliers of the Cali interior. Thus having the exact same material as the original interior. And all ready-to-fit parts with all the fitting material included for a non-drilling fitting.

Marga's comment: "This will be sooo very much my closet" :cool:

Impressive addition :)

Did you get the roller shutter cover as well? It says these are needed on their site if you use the shelves! Looks like good stuff and a really useful way of sorting out the wardrobe. I guess you can clip the shelves in and out if you need to?

Yes, you can slip the shelves in and out or adjust the height at will.

We did not think to order the roller cover, it all works without, but indeed sometimes your stuff tends to block the roller. I think we will fit it in the near future.

Hi all

We bought these too and fitted them yesterday. It took a little while (did this with my dad as hubby does not speak german). I LOVE them. Will still use with packing cubes as before but can stack and access better this way and use more of the space. Only fitted the top two because if bottom one is fitted it is difficult to access the bottom of the wardrobe from the cabin area otherwise as you can't reach into the space then.

They are the same finish as the kitchen cupboard shelves as this company actually make the kitchen units for VW, so the while thing looks really professional! And the shelves are almost full depth, just a bit of space at the front to allow you to grip in front of them to pull the roller shut. Don't think the roller cover is needed as the lip on the shelves looks like it will easily keep everything in place. Will post a pic once I have loaded it up with our stuff for our trip this coming weekend!

One of our best investments so far I think. We found the fitting a little stressful but got there in the end.

We also bought some of these from the Cali shop, took around 30 mins to fit. We have found them really usefeul as we keep all our T-shirts and underwear on the shelves now and there is still room for our smarter shirts to hang on the rail. I would say it gives you around 50% more space in the wardrobe.

One of our more successful purchases.

Someone sent us a private message titled 'Wardrobe shelves' today, but we cannot read or send PM on this forum (part of VIP-membership? We are no VIP members).

Hi Bart,

Yep, I sent you the message, I was looking for the larger shelves for my california and noticed that you have got them direct. Unfortunately the link on your thread no longer works and I was wondering if you have any contact details.

Kind Regards
Ian

Hi Ian,

We got them direct from Aljo in Germany, but we understood that Aljo have stopped their direct consumer activities and closed their webshop, alas.

There is a thread about Aljo closing their webshop in the German Caliboard.

It seems they sell off whatever stock they still have. You may try to contact them directly via their website: http://www.aljo.de

Hi,

Does anyone know where i can buy these Ajio shelfs from in the UK please?

regards
Mike

Think they are no longer availeble , no stock left

I think the only issues people had was the shelves attach to the side of the wardrobe via 3M tape, this meant that anything heavy put on them, they would collapse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was there a reason that the shelf is no longer available in the forum shop?

I had the problem with the 3M tape - but super glue fixed that - the rest of the wardrobe is still usable when they are in place and they are easy to remove if you need.

I think the shop sold them when they were not available in the UK, but now you can buy direct.

T

Back