Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Its a great question that I cant answer directly Jim as I've never had it done. I do know Californias have an upright front end that pick up stone chips, and that there's a big expanse of paint/glass to keep clean. Paint Protection Film stops chips and self-heals with heat. Ceramic bonds with the paint and gives a gloss, makes cleaning it easy, and protects from UV and minor scratches, chemical stains etc.
Now as other threads on here testify, its not for everyone ("I'd rather spend my money on camping equipment. Emperors new clothes" etc), but certainly the premium car manufacturers are offering it as an option, and new cars are coated/PPF'd by the best detailers prior to delivery. I understand Porsche send theirs to Azuri. Richard put me onto them.
The devil is in the detail(er) though. I've spoken to 5 or 6 firms, some wildly expensive (eg Topaz) and some using inferior gear that don't inspire confidence. The preparation is important, and the whole process can take 3 days or more. Azuri in Stevenage, FAW in Hampstead, and GT Performance in York were all contenders, but Azuri pip it for me and I'll book in for PPF front end/rear bumper top and interior when I have a delivery date. I'll also have some alloygaters fitted. For me its worth spending a couple of grand to keep a £70k van sweeter for longer.
I wonder who did yours and with what product? The firms I've spoken to have mentioned the professional-only ceramic products being far superior to any amateur version. There are only a handful in the UK allowed by Gtechniq to apply Crystal Serum Ultra. It might not be worth going half-measures.
I had mine done at Azuri 3 years ago and it’s lasting very well. Not as tip top as it was on the day it was done, but cleaning is a breeze and it comes up perfectly. Of everything, I’d say the wheels and the interior are the best bits. Interior is like the day I had it, wheels just require a pressure wash to remove brake dust. Body work is super shiny, but it doesn’t bead like it used to. I’ve never had it topped up though. zero regrets on the cost, worth every penny to me but I do get that it’s not for everyone.

I had mine done at Azuri 3 years ago and it’s lasting very well. Not as tip top as it was on the day it was done, but cleaning is a breeze and it comes up perfectly. Of everything, I’d say the wheels and the interior are the best bits. Interior is like the day I had it, wheels just require a pressure wash to remove brake dust. Body work is super shiny, but it doesn’t bead like it used to. I’ve never had it topped up though. zero regrets on the cost, worth every penny to me but I do get that it’s not for everyone.
Great to hear Moakesy, particularly unexpected to hear about your interior. Tbh I thought that might be a bit of a sideshow.
Do you park it outside or in a garage?
Did Azuri recommend a timescale for the (EXOv4?) top up? Have you had a price for that?

Our Decathlon one is one of the best things we ever bought. I don’t get awnings. Why attach it to your van? Cinch will take minutes to put up and take down.
Some campsites won't allow tents.

I am going to buy a new window thingy
d4862897dc660083fb0dd64d4b5168a2.jpg

Well if we’re doing rudimentary repairs...4 BMW Hall sensors and a torx screwdriver. I had a heat gun and shrinking electrical connectors in my basket but have decided I don’t need those, so bought some basic electrical tape.
What I really need is a basic grasp of automotive electrics but I suspect YouTube will have to do.

Great to hear Moakesy, particularly unexpected to hear about your interior. Tbh I thought that might be a bit of a sideshow.
Do you park it outside or in a garage?
Did Azuri recommend a timescale for the (EXOv4?) top up? Have you had a price for that?

It’s parked outside on the drive. The seats are alcantara and there is no discolouration because I’ve been sitting in jeans on them, plus any spillages on the rear seat has been fine. The carpets were done as well, all are good (although front carpets are covered by mats, so they don’t count).

I think you are supposed to go in every year, but even the guy there suggested that was over the top. I’d say every two years would be best, every three is about as far as you should push it. I’m sure it will be fine for at least another year, but the last 12 months haven’t been typical obviously. I need to give them a call and see how much it would be.

quote simply an amazing little charcoal based oven , the most perfect chicken you have ever eaten in 1 hour and 20 minutes and from get this, 10 pieces of charcoal, the Australian stuff its amazing with one simple trick to make it perfect, DONT PEEK! leave it and its the best roasting machine to take on holiday you will ever have , google COBB oven , bloody brilliant thing

IMG_2446.jpg

It is 95% tint, in the last rear side panel they are double glazed so you may notice a greyish square an a certain angle. It doesn't detract from the look in my opinion. The last shot shows the difference between the pax door tint and the 95% from inside.

View attachment 76465View attachment 76466View attachment 76467View attachment 76468View attachment 76469View attachment 76470View attachment 76471View attachment 76472View attachment 76473View attachment 76474
I'm sorry - quite sure this has been covered a million times but where is the rail from for the shelf, kitchen roll holder and baskets from? - looks fantastic.

I'm sorry - quite sure this has been covered a million times but where is the rail from for the shelf, kitchen roll holder and baskets from? - looks fantastic.
Hi it all from Ikea, the rail and bits are from the Sunnersta range see link below. You will also need to buy some hooks to fix the rail from a forum member https://www.facebook.com/bigtedprintz/.

Hi Perfectos, where did you get this I need to add something to Moose as its feeling a bit neglected lately
Hi Moose,

you’ll find them on an well known auction site.

they do various colours for the stitching, the listing says it’s for a t5 / 5.1 but it fit a T6 as you can see.

photo below to assist in finding the relevant listing

9B6077BD-917F-4A12-AFA9-89B634F0BE82.jpeg

Well, gonna have to order new RH plastic end of awning case, including inner, as I just dropped it putting it back on. Outer case cracked, inner totally broken, and a tiny bend to the corner of the case that should be easy to straighten. Gutted. Had a friend helping me, and possibly the front end was not seated properly when I started to wind it out prior to putting the bolts through. Luckily no damage to body work. Something you only do once, I guess.
IMG_20210426_144451.jpg

Well, gonna have to order new RH plastic end of awning case, including inner, as I just dropped it putting it back on. Outer case cracked, inner totally broken, and a tiny bend to the corner of the case that should be easy to straighten. Gutted. Had a friend helping me, and possibly the front end was not seated properly when I started to wind it out prior to putting the bolts through. Luckily no damage to body work. Something you only do once, I guess.
View attachment 77455

Sorry to read! Hope no one got hurt. Did you take it off to clean?

Car wash!!!!!
Yep :)
The roads are really heavily salted here over winter, so we run it through the car wash with an underbody wash option to try to remove some of it regularly. With the awning attached you are often refused to use a car wash in case something gets trapped and damages the van or washer, and that would be expensive... In summer we wash it by hand.

Back