Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

I felt like getting something while I'm waiting for delivery, so here it is, my first purchase: some hooks, a doodad aid for filling the water tank and a ventilator to extract heat from the space where the cooler is. These are made/sold by Benno of the German cali board.

Cali_CoolerFan.jpeg

I felt like getting something while I'm waiting for delivery, so here it is, my first purchase: some hooks, a doodad aid for filling the water tank and a ventilator to extract heat from the space where the cooler is. These are made/sold by Benno of the German cali board.

View attachment 82030
Could you tell me more about the fan please,I’m curious and interested

Did you get it from these guys..? Is it shipping generally now..?
Yes, that is correct. I had jumped on their May delivery and received it in July. They have not yet started general shipping. Seems to be working well and generally good feedback overall from users. Some good videos as well on YT.

Could you tell me more about the fan please,I’m curious and interested
The unit fits into the existing cutout between the cooler cabinet and the cabinet under the stove. It extracts some of the heat produced by the cooler into the adjacent (under stove) cabinet, taking its power from the same circuit as the cooler. It therefore runs whenever the cooler is cooling and supposedly makes negligible noise.
The idea is that in spite of some extra power used by the fan there will be a net reduction in power consumption used for the cooler and it may also prevent the cooler from overheating on very hot days.
I don’t know if the numbers add up but it taking some of the heat away from under the cooler seems like a good idea.
This video is in German, but you can turn off the sound and fast skip through it to get an idea of what it looks like.

The fan blows the warm air into the cabinet/ interior of the van.
For the past 2 years I brought with me a second fridge (Waeco CDF26) that I kept in the boot of my Ocean, and in summer with 30-35° C it did made the inside of the van much hotter, and therefore this year I am leaving it at home. Would I want now to install a fan that blows hot air from the fridge inside the cabin ? No , thanks.
As far as I know the onboard battery charger, has been relocated on later T6 and T6.1, so there's already less heat near the fridge that needs dissipating and more room.
Finally, from actual direct use-experience, last two years in Italy with 35° C the fridge set on 5-6 had no problems keeping the food/drinks cold, despite the second fridge blowing more hot air in!!

If I was concerned, I would first try just removing the cover next to the grey water lever where this fan would be supposed to go, to allow for some air circulation.

Have you had your canvas bellows replaced with the updated front opening one?
Has been replaced as was coming away from rubber at front top seems common as ther was a vertical strut in canvas now it’s horizontal
Done on W,tee no problem

Has been replaced as was coming away from rubber at front top seems common as ther was a vertical strut in canvas now it’s horizontal
Done on W,tee no problem
Was it a warranty repair or if you paid for it how much did it cost?

We had ours replaced as the vertical strut broke very pleased with the open front, down side was I had to replace the Brandrup ISO internal topper to a full opening one (not cheap)
So will shortly be advertising ISO top in the for sale section with fitting as did not need to use the new ones.

yet to sleep on it yet, but a very quick lie down, it seems to be comfy.
The oldest princess will be the judge :Nailbiting
We always found the T6 pop top bed to be really comfy, and tbh I was a little nervous that the 6.,1 wouldn’t be as good - proved wrong on first outing a couple of weeks ago with Mrs KB equally impressed (steady, focus on the topic). You’ll love it, great mod.

Why did I not know such things existed? Look at the crema on that espresso! I need this!
It uses standard Nespresso capsules and does genuinely make a decent shot. The hand pump produces a surprising amount of pressure with a small amount of effort. I’d definitely recommend it.

It uses standard Nespresso capsules and does genuinely make a decent shot. The hand pump produces a surprising amount of pressure with a small amount of effort. I’d definitely recommend it.
Sounds amazing, thank you! May I ask where you got yours from before I give yet more money to Amazon?

A few small purchases from the club shop today.
1.5 Ltr foldable saucepan
Shelf thing for the mini window beside the wardrobe
Cushioned seat pads for the fold away seats

Small things that should all make a decent difference with day to day living on trips away

2 bottles of camping gas, 907. They sell quickly.
Locking wheel nut for the spare wheel.
12v/5v USB socket x 2.
Pop up toilet tent.
Porta Potti + chemicals
Water hose
Electrical HU lead
Kitchen ware
Iso Top VI

Back