Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What is under the front passenger seat

T

toeknee

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
My daughter spilt her drink. When we got home and I went to clean it up from the base of the front passenger seat all the cola had… gone. It looks like there is some kind of dip/well beneath the electric wires under the seat. I imagine that might be where all the cola has ran into. Anyone know what’s there?

Loads of electrical fuses and relays, plus main charging circuit components. I'd suggest buy some good quality kitchen rolls to soak it up.

My daughter spilt her drink. When we got home and I went to clean it up from the base of the front passenger seat all the cola had… gone. It looks like there is some kind of dip/well beneath the electric wires under the seat. I imagine that might be where all the cola has ran into. Anyone know what’s there?
As above. Probably soaked into the thick foam type pad between front seats that cover wiring between the seats.

The floor pan has lots and lots of depressions to create strength in the floor pan,
any liquid split would initially go into the carpet & heavy foam backing when that became saturated the fluid would go into the depressions in the floor pan. The resultant Coke will simply go to a sticky mess as the water evaporates.

Edit here is an image of a T5 rear side of the carpet to help you understand the profile, the raised parts would fit the depressions in the floor (T5 &T6 very similar)

edit you can see two access flaps under where the seats would be, In This area of the floor there is a large depression where lots of wires pass through.

sorry to hear your woes, I hope that helps imagine where the coke has gone

9D212849-1F09-440A-AE9A-039A9423831B.jpeg

here is a perfect picture courtesy of @Loz showing the battery and electrics directly under the passenger seat (RHD)

AFAC54AB-6BB9-41A7-B6DE-D3577F2B858A.jpeg

Last edited:
The floor pan has lots and lots of depressions to create strength in the floor pan,
any liquid split would initially go into the carpet & heavy foam backing when that became saturated the fluid would go into the depressions in the floor pan. The resultant Coke will simply go to a sticky mess as the water evaporates.

Edit here is an image of a T5 rear side of the carpet to help you understand the profile, the raised parts would fit the depressions in the floor (T5 &T6 very similar)

edit you can see two access flaps under where the seats would be, In This area of the floor there is a large depression where lots of wires pass through.

sorry to hear your woes, I hope that helps imagine where the coke has gone

View attachment 87173

here is a perfect picture courtesy of @Loz showing the battery and electrics directly under the passenger seat (RHD)

View attachment 87174
Jesus. Don’t think it could have been spilt anywhere worse ‍♂️ Carpet area is super damp but don’t ‘think’ there is anything swishing round and as of now no noticeable damage.

Try wet vac on the wet area to remove as much sugar residue as possible and prevent dirt attracting to the area in Future.

failing that some foam carpet / upholstery cleaner (Vac after)

Cola in amongst copper and brass electrical items is a perfect recipe for disaster, even worse when those electrical components have a voltage applied.
You need to remove every possible trace of it or you will have a beautiful green verdigris 'garden' soon.

Cola in amongst copper and brass electrical items is a perfect recipe for disaster, even worse when those electrical components have a voltage applied.
You need to remove every possible trace of it or you will have a beautiful green verdigris 'garden' soon.
we used it for cleaning carbon of rifles in the military . nasty stuff.

Back