Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

space under the passenger seat

Mike1973

Mike1973

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
My recently purchased 2nd hand Cali, 2006 model, has a CD Autochanger in the space under the passenger seat. This, obviously, is completely redundant nowadays so I plan to remove it. But it got me thinking: What do people do with the space under the passenger seat? Has anyone found a decent use for it?

I have a leisure battery under mine, your second battery may be under the drivers seat in that case?.

Yes MattB, my Cali is LHD... so my second leisure battery is under the drivers seat :)

[In respect of UK driver seat] Yep - you can fit quite a bit in there - other useful spots are the battery area under the bonnet, the spaces behind the kitchen where the first aid kit normally lives, the space on top of the gas bottle and (in the Beach) the NS space behind the lower trim panels in the rear of the 'boot' - you can squeeze quite a lot of 'just in case' (tools, spares etc) in there. :)

Under the seat we have table tennis gear = bats/balls/Decath' portable net + frisbee (!) + 4 x hi-vis jackets + first aid kit etc, etc. The only thing I do is wrap a piece of lining carpet around the fuse area to prevent anything being touched.

Last edited:
Only thing under my drivers seat your RH seat is the pipe from the webasto, I often thing about using it for something more useful.

table tennis gear bats/balls/Decath' portable net + frisbee :happy love it! … where do you keep the table tho??!?

My recently purchased 2nd hand Cali, 2006 model, has a CD Autochanger in the space under the passenger seat. This, obviously, is completely redundant nowadays so I plan to remove it.
Whhhattt??????
I still play cassettes and VHS video at home :happy some times when needs be and some times just to remind me of how things sounded pre digital age. Guess what? I love it, some thing ambient can be missing with the clinical MP3's etc even with them new fangled CD thingamys you call redundant.

Dustpan and brush, extending squeegee to clean awning roof, and high-viz jackets. All fit nicely and are very accessible.

Last edited:
picnic blanket portable power pack thats it

Loooots of stuff !
A very good place put stuff not much needed .
Bigger first aid kit , fluo-vests , some work-gloves,....

Last edited:
Back