Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What models have 5 or 7 seats?

C

Captain

Vehicle
Looking to buy
What models of the T5 California offer 5 or 7 seats? I guess you will need another couch for the 7 seat model, but what is the drawback?

The Beach model comes with either a 2 seater rear bench, or a 3 seater: making them 4 or 5 seaters. You can then add 2 additional single seats (swivel and fold and lift out) which are much cheaper to buy when ordering the van. They form a middle row.

They are very heavy to lift in and out. Others here can tell you (or point you to threads) where the possibility to still use the bed is discussed.

Part from the Beach , in the SE/Coast and Ocean the rear seat holds 2 + 2 in front and it's possible to add one optional seat ( if floorrails are provided) .

Most available information is about the T6, but perhaps there are no major differences between the T5 and T6 regarding the interior?

Most available information is about the T6, but perhaps there are no major differences between the T5 and T6 regarding the interior?
Seating/sleeping wise, none as far as i'm aware.

From what year model was the Beach available?

The Beach model comes with either a 2 seater rear bench, or a 3 seater: making them 4 or 5 seaters. You can then add 2 additional single seats (swivel and fold and lift out) which are much cheaper to buy when ordering the van. They form a middle row.

They are very heavy to lift in and out. Others here can tell you (or point you to threads) where the possibility to still use the bed is discussed.

Single seats, swivel or fixed are not so heavy. One person easy IN / OUT. I use them in current T5 multilane with six single seats.

Single seats, swivel or fixed are not so heavy. One person easy IN / OUT. I use them in current T5 multilane with six single seats.

I disagree. They are heavy. We may be comparing apples with oranges, but my experience was with the T5 Cali SE I owned which came with a 5th seat. Ciki62 may be much stronger than me, but I suggest the OP goes and tries it for himself before listening to Ciki62's advice.

Back