Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What Should I Pay?

Blakey

Blakey

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi gang,

I've been offered the following Beach. Can you guys in the know tell me what I should be aiming to haggle it down to? This is from a VW dealer.

VW California Beach 2.0 TDI 140PS BlueMotion Technology
2014 14 Plate – 1st Reg May
6,000 miles
Electric Side Door
Power Latching for Tailgate
Black Awning
“Milan” Fabric Seat Coverings
Leather Steering Wheel, Gear Knob and Gaiter
3 Seat Rear Bench
Bluetooth Premium
Laminated Glass
Cool/Warm Box
2 Additional Seats
Tyre Pressure Warning Light
Front and Rear Parking Sensors

Hoping to be back in the Cali Owners fold again soon... ;)

Cheers
Blakey

How much are they asking...???

Brand new I worked it out to be £41k. It's obviously 6 months old and has done 6,000 miles, so what does that devalue it to, assuming no damage to the paintwork etc?

He's started me at £33k. We'd like to get it down to £30k - it's November and I don't think this is the best time to sell a Cali so we hope timing is on our side...

Blakey

Take another £2k off for the electric sliding door, they are a pain in the ...... Unless you really really need it

Interesting comment! Don't need it and obviously can't ask for the van not to have it. ;)

Why are they a pain?

We also wish we did not have an electric door for two reasons, one being the stupid noise it makes when closing and waking up the whole campsite and two, it is another thing that goes wrong and is expensive to fix. I would not have this option again

It hard to knock them down because there isn't many in the market for sale. Saying that, if it is an awkward spec or colour, there maybe a deal to be done.
Personally I would forget a Beach with a powered sliding door.

If you don't want the power latching, there is a black one with the same spec as ours in Leicester but without the DRLs and 30mm lower springs, bike rack and also without the auxiliary heater.

No idea what they are asking for it and they have just registered it as a demo van so you would have to wait until they can resell it.

So, other than advice of not buying it, can anyone suggest a price I should aim to haggle down to?

We purchased a demo se.

The list price was 51570, we paid 42745, which was a 21% discount. Ours was 3 months old and 3000 miles.

If you apply the 21% discount to yours then the price would be 32k so they are in the right ball park. Maybe look for another grand for the extra miles.

Ours came with an electric sliding door as well. On hot dusty holidays it occasionally gets a bit sensitive and stops closing, cleaning the rail fixes ours. It is not a must have accessory, but also not a deal breaker.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Rather than trying to get them down anymore below £32k, ask for the extras you want to be thrown in; bike rack, towbar, stainless steel sidebars etc. My Beach was around £43k list and ended up £32.5. Dealer couldn't shift it in Northern Ireland wth double glazed, no privacy glass. I got the glass done for £250.

Andy

Anything around £32K would be a great buy! Mine was a bit less at a similar age and conditions but with less features.

Blakey said:
Hi gang,

I've been offered the following Beach. Can you guys in the know tell me what I should be aiming to haggle it down to? This is from a VW dealer.

VW California Beach 2.0 TDI 140PS BlueMotion Technology
2014 14 Plate – 1st Reg May
6,000 miles
Electric Side Door
Power Latching for Tailgate
Black Awning
“Milan” Fabric Seat Coverings
Leather Steering Wheel, Gear Knob and Gaiter
3 Seat Rear Bench
Bluetooth Premium
Laminated Glass
Cool/Warm Box
2 Additional Seats
Tyre Pressure Warning Light
Front and Rear Parking Sensors

Hoping to be back in the Cali Owners fold again soon... ;)

Cheers
Blakey

Hi Blakey

Does it have Electric Hook Up??

If not then there should be a better deal to be done than 21% in my view, we got new for just over retail of standard Beach :bananadance

EHU is excellent if that one doesn't have it then it was built before Nov last year anything that is 2014 should have EHU if not it's old stock that has been sitting around.

Shaun

We are now the proud owners of this Beach. :)

We got it for £32.5k. In addition to the above posted spec we got them to throw in:

- removable tow bar (13-pin)
- supagard, inside and out
- front cab rubber mats

And yes it is a proper 2014 model so does have EHU.

We're really pleased to be "in the family" again!

Cheers
Blakey

Is that your new beach in your avatar Blakey?

Looks ace!

Am travelling and posting from phone so limited. But look at topic called California Styling in the main Cali board started by me. It has before and after pics....

Thought I recognised it! Lovely alloys.

Back