Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Laminated Glass & other options on Beach

I think we've been incredibly lucky. I did search for quite a long time before going for our beach, but the extra seats were critical to us, to get more use out of the vehicle with grandparents joining us etc.

We did have the 7 seat option, but knew we would only ever need 6 - so swapped the 7th seat for a VW bike rack and slightly reduced price.

We also did get the laminated and privacy glass - again, we have only had it a week, so haven't slept in it yet, but it does seem quite quiet when on the road. DAB stereo is great!

My essential must haves though were the parking heater and the awning. Ours has both, and the parking heater, even in the last week, waiting for teenage daughters in the snow, has convinced me that it was worth the extra money. It was the heater that made the beach search tricky - I only ever found one with the VW heater and the seven seats - we put a deposit down on it pretty quickly!

It seemed to me that people who were using them for camping, rather than show room models - tended to be more aware of the camping luxuries. Ours came from Campervantastic - and we are delighted with it!

redredzimmer said:
Hi I was interested in the original question, has anybody here actually got first hand experience of the laminated glass option, and if so was it an option worth having??
Yes - but haven't been in one without, to know what difference it makes?? Try giving Steve at Campervantastic a call - he seems a bit of a guru!

DebsWhite said:
redredzimmer said:
Hi I was interested in the original question, has anybody here actually got first hand experience of the laminated glass option, and if so was it an option worth having??
Yes - but haven't been in one without, to know what difference it makes?? Try giving Steve at camper van tastic a call - he seems a bit of a guru!

I haven't got it in my van - I've never felt cold or wished that things were quieter - not saying it is not useful but I can't imagine anything like that is a must.

Would depend on budget and use I guess :)

James

Back