What Stereo is this?

Moakesy

Moakesy

Moakesy
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Wonder if someone can help...?

I changed the stereo unit in my Cali, and wanted to sell the old unit. However, I just assumed the unit would be branded and it would be easy to identify, but it's not. I've googled the serial number etc, but not luck. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance..

I'm assuming it's a VW unit (serial number does contain 'VW')...but new to Cali ownership, so have no idea?

IMG_0595

IMG_0596

I would guess that this is one of the copies from China of a VW type stereo. I am sure I have seen similar on EBay for about £200.

I stand corrected the page states they are canbus but who can be sure?

15a3fe1e93.jpg

It did display some info, linked to the handbrake (which I never understood why), ticked a few boxes (sat-nav, reversing sensor input etc) but did none of these very well.

I'd agree it's probably a Chinese el cheapo thing....I might check eBay to see if they sell, but I'm guessing not.

Thanks

I think I've seen those on the 'Preston ice' website (Google the phrase).

I think I've seen those on the 'Preston ice' website (Google the phrase).

Just had a look and agree....they are very similar. It could be a earlier version of what they are currently selling. Seeing the price they are asking for these, it makes me feel better about how much I paid for the Pioneer unit I ended up getting. Wasn't cheap at all, but at least it works like a dream and touchscreen works as well as an iPad.

Looking on eBay, I might get £70 or so for the old one....so worth a punt I guess....

Cheers

It did display some info, linked to the handbrake (which I never understood why), ticked a few boxes (sat-nav, reversing sensor input etc) but did none of these very well.

I'd agree it's probably a Chinese el cheapo thing....I might check eBay to see if they sell, but I'm guessing not.

Thanks
The link to the handbrake is to prevent TV/DVD use when driving. Brake on TV works, brake off TV disabled.

We had a similar one in our previous Cali and apart from the radio which was rubbish (wouldn't hold station) it was impressive for the money. TV, satnav etc all worked well and it linked up fine with the canbus. Reversing sensors etc and MFS all ok.
It is possible to disable the handbrake TV/DVD function. Never did it but as it possible to have a video/stereo out to other screens I guess it would be useful if you have kids in the back who want to watch something.

Back