Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What the GC should have been

Too right.
It is to my mind such a wasted opportunity not to have a pop top. There is a genuine shortage of decent 4 birth campers on the market - even in this larger size - and having a pop top would have made an enormous difference to the usability of the GC.
The top bed in the GC is way too small for older youngsters and adults to use for a long period of time - I was lucky enough to see one at the start of the year and it’s simply too shallow in the head space.
I often go away with children and an adult friend so the GC is no good at all for me.
I feel genuinely disappointed that this will not be on my list of options in the future for that reason.
I understand it add costs of complication to add a pop top but 8 genuine believe it would have opened up a much larger market.

Too right.
It is to my mind such a wasted opportunity not to have a pop top. There is a genuine shortage of decent 4 birth campers on the market - even in this larger size - and having a pop top would have made an enormous difference to the usability of the GC.
The top bed in the GC is way too small for older youngsters and adults to use for a long period of time - I was lucky enough to see one at the start of the year and it’s simply too shallow in the head space.
I often go away with children and an adult friend so the GC is no good at all for me.
I feel genuinely disappointed that this will not be on my list of options in the future for that reason.
I understand it add costs of complication to add a pop top but 8 genuine believe it would have opened up a much larger market.
Indeed!
The whole principle of the California was to pack a lot into a small space and sleep 4 adults... VW seem to have done the opposite and completely missed the point (imho). They did however succeed in retaining a premium price tho

• Disagree
Reactions: Sad
Back