Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Whats the average age off a california owner? (Poll)

What is the average age of a Cali Owner

• 20-30

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • 31-40

Votes: 32 15.3%
  • 41-50

Votes: 70 33.5%
  • 51-60

Votes: 51 24.4%
  • 61-70

Votes: 44 21.1%
  • 71+

Votes: 10 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Me 68 years 11months. The other half 69 years 7 months.

Hey Mr Pollster, why no tick box poll for this like the Cali - colour poll ?

56 nights away this year so far. Must even or break our previous best of 62 nights in 2010.

This year circumnavigated the Pyrenees (clockwise), spending 22 nights in France and 12 in Spain starting and finishing at the port of Bilbao. (cheated - caught the ferry from and to
portsmouth) total journey distance incl. London to Portsmouth return was 1,350 miles.

Other trips were 14 nights in Devon and Cornwall and the rest made up of short stays in Devon, Somerset and Wales.
Hi to everyone have been off the forum for a while it's good to be back on and see so many new newbies.

cheers Eric

I'll answer my own question it seems the tick box appears after you submit your reply ?
Well it did in my case :?: :crazy :thumb

Think you might need a 80+ tick box for the nice couple we bought bought our van off...!! He sometimes looks in here but they're probably too busy cruising in their new 4motion 180.

On the basis the retired are more likely to view and do the thread poll I reckon results are going to be skewed.

I’m in that group and it’s raining

Mike

Let’s not get started on this one again!

I am 36 the wife is 34 and the big is soon 4 years old and the little one is 6 months old:pinkbanana

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am 54 with the body of a 56yr old (my wife). Sometimes I feel like a 20yr old but not as often as I used to :(

My wife and I are 45.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wow, just looking at this thread, I have an update... I turned 51 today! My Cali’s 9th anniversary in Nov, we bought him in Nov 2009. How time flies when you’re having fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was thinking off buying a california we are in or mid 50s my wife sayes we are to old that they are for young people in there 20-30s with young familys. I just wondered what the forum thinks would to old cadgers look out off place in a cali ?
Never too old... doesn't matter what age you are but if you're adventurous in spirit you'll love it....also Cali owners are from all ages and backgrounds so you never look out of place... Common thread is that you have a Cali.. so you're part of the club with no judgements after that..go for it and have fun

I was thinking off buying a california we are in or mid 50s my wife sayes we are to old that they are for young people in there 20-30s with young familys. I just wondered what the forum thinks would to old cadgers look out off place in a cali ?
Your only too old when you can no longer manage to climb into the top bunk :)

Ah, we tried the top bunk once..... disaster, it was getting up in the middle of the night what done it! We now always use the bottom bed, pulled and and skilfully made up by Mrs DoH. But I am 75 and she is a year younger ( she prefers me not to put her age).
Not sure when we will stop with the Cali, probably when she can no longer lift the bikes onto the rack or maybe not able empty the loo every morning

It’s not the getting up there, it’s the getting up and down in the middle of the night.Also like my early morning cuppa in bed. Much easier to do that downstairs.
Anyway, we’ve live in a bungalow for tha past 40 yrs so not used to going upstairs to bed.

I used the top bed in the Cali once. I was not sure if the tent leaked or I leaked never again.

I've had to put up with people all my life telling me I shouldn't be on top :shocked

Oh goodness, that sounds all wrong ...:oops:

Ah, we tried the top bunk once..... disaster, it was getting up in the middle of the night what done it! We now always use the bottom bed, pulled and and skilfully made up by Mrs DoH. But I am 75 and she is a year younger ( she prefers me not to put her age).
Not sure when we will stop with the Cali, probably when she can no longer lift the bikes onto the rack or maybe not able empty the loo every morning
Well Mr DoH, my lady VoG (Valerie of Garstang) is like a highly strung athlete when it comes to bedtime. She's five months my junior a like Mrs DoH wouldn't like me to divulge her tender years.....I'm seventy four by the way, but the very mention of bed she's off up top faster than a trapeze artist at Billy Smarts Circus. Which just leaves me, myself and I along with Effie the effin' dog to sleep in pure luxury in the cellar. I'll sithee.

Well Mr DoH, my lady VoG (Valerie of Garstang) is like a highly strung athlete when it comes to bedtime. She's five months my junior a like Mrs DoH wouldn't like me to divulge her tender years.....I'm seventy four by the way, but the very mention of bed she's off up top faster than a trapeze artist at Billy Smarts Circus. Which just leaves me, myself and I along with Effie the effin' dog to sleep in pure luxury in the cellar. I'll sithee.
David, I suspect that she's just found a way of getting away from you at bedtime, even if it requires a bit of a climb!
I reckon that Mrs DoH's life is greatly improved when she shares the bed with me.......... I'm almost doing her a favour.......

Back