Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What's the best oven option to buy (not a Ridge Monkey though)

Eventually I caved in and ordered a RidgeMonkey . . . when it arrived I found a defect on the coating and was really pleased to have an excuse to send it back and get a full refund.

Because all it is is an expensive frying pan with a lid. Ditto everything @ejmoore has said.

I cook pizza, pasta bakes, re-heat pasties & pies from local bakers, flatbreads and loads more that I can't think of right now ☺️.

If in doubt, have a "play" at home and cook a meal pretending you only have the limited facilities of your van. You might be pleasantly surprised just what can be accomplished.
Hmm….. regarding thr ridge monkey I think it’s versatility is over stated and under used at the same time. It is fantastic for cheese toasties and the like (even reheating various pies and baked goods etc) but for all round proper cooking it is less than ideal……. But…… we are OK with that as it takes up very little space and really does make the best toasties on the planet!

really does make the best toasties on the planet!

Agree with you about the toasties which I make in a frying pan with lid. I use one of the JML-type "stone pans", a 20cm one is perfect and bought a glass lid from Amazon.

I use an outdoorchef minichef - it's the portable version of the main barbecue I use at home and obviously has some limitations over the bigger brother (mainly size and single burner so it doesn't cook at low&slow temp range below 150c) but it is still awesome and serves as a grill, oven or simple gas burner.
I do meat, veggies, pies, bread ,pizzas etc in it