Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What's this then?

C

camper-x

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
58936217ad5abf50fe995ff4b8204004.jpg

Strip with bristles found loose in kitchen cupboards. No obvious use, no obvious mounting place! Any ideas folks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's the brush which fits to the sink cupboard sliding door. Mine dropped off last week. It's a bit fiddly but it will just push back in to place when you locate the location holes. I'm waiting to see if mine drops off again, if it does I'll glue it.

The brush closes the gap between the two sliding doors under the kitchen. It prevents little insects making their home in the cabinet, often filled with food. The brush also keeps wintery cold air contained in the cupboard, to protect you against shiver when seated on the backbench.
If it comes off once, it will come off again. Best glueing it, as CG suggests.
The reason it comes off, can be the grip of a frying pan sticking out in the left cupboard, when sliding the right door to the left.
I wasn't aware of its existence, until thoroughly cleaning the cupboards, and finding the brush playing hide and seek right behind the sliding rails. Who knows how many years it was lying there...

Regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.

It should look like this....and should be riveted
IMG_5504.JPG

IMG_5505.JPG

Thanks for the great replies all!

Now you've got me worried. My T6 doesn't have one! Wondering if the previous keeper has lost it or it's somewhere in the expanses of the cupboard interior.

Will I be brushless for ever? Are the coffee and biscuits safe? I think we should be told ...

That brush has caused hysteria in our house as from day one it has shed its bristles in the base of the cupboard and I was convinced we had a gap allowing rodents to get into my brand new Cali! - until i found the brush after many months of trying to locate the source of the hair!

Great advice as always - thank you - had found my brush on the cupboard floor......and now safely reattached

Does anyone do without this, or was it not fitted to later models? I’m tempted to remove mine as I have the issue of it shedding - which looks pretty unsightly!

58936217ad5abf50fe995ff4b8204004.jpg

Strip with bristles found loose in kitchen cupboards. No obvious use, no obvious mounting place! Any ideas folks?

Don't know, but a bit big to go in the box with all the other unidentifyable bits that drop off/out of the Cali!