Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Control panel knob

C

camper-x

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Well folks we're out and about for the first time and have hit a slight snag! The control panel knob has lost its clicks as it rotates making panel use tricky. Any ideas folks? Thanks in advance.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought and fitted today. Good result. Took a couple of goes. Had to 'balance' the pair of torx screws on the new knob side. Too tight and the knob doesn't work, take the bite out and the knob works but the two nearest buttons fail, back them off another touch and all works as it should. Other side are fine if tightened so seems to be due to the dimensions of the new control knob. May help someone.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey - I have been rated as informative - good to give something back!I

If you go for this I suggest you check the buttons work before you reassemble - so while it is in half in your hands click the buttons and press the new knob and twist it for clicks. Any snags then just balance the torx screws. Once all works as it should click the two halves together and take the unit back to your van, plug in the cables (smallest first) and check the entire unit works to be double sure. Once satisfied just push it home....

Back