Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wheel change T4 - T6

Christine Kirk

Christine Kirk

Lifetime VIP Member
Just looking at the possibility of fitting some T6 17" alloys to our T4 Caravelle; has anyone any thoughts on the mater?
Is the PCD the same ? and will the offsets/ clearance of brake disc be OK?

Can T6 Alloy wheels be fitted to a T4 ?
Thinking about upgrade to some 17" VW alloys

I’m pretty sure they don’t fit. It’s a straight forward difference in the spacing of the bolt holes....so all the other possible issues don’t even considering.

As above different pcd you could buy adapters but not worth it because there are other things to consider like offset

T4s are 112 PCD and T6s are 120PCD so not compatible. unsure if adaptors are available though.

You can get adapters on eBay

You started another almost identical thread as well. No they don’t fit and I certainly wouldn’t use the adapters discussed on the other thread.

Go on wheelbase alloys and enter T4: you’ll be presented with a wide selection of lovely alloys to choose from... and £20 off with code VIP20

perfectly safe using adapters just more involved

Screenshot 2019-06-03 at 09.39.36.png

Thanks for the information, it was only a thought as it might be helpful for the same wheels fitting both our VW's

Our T4 Caravelle is due a makeover, and we are contemplating what we want. The T4 2.5 TDI has done almost 250K miles, it is part of our family having owned it for 17 years and still going strong. Just needs some body work!

Nothing wrong using adapters, I have some on my wide 5 beetle to fit Porsche rims, but ensure they are hubcentric and consider the thickness. If say, they are 20mm thick that means you can only put your wheel bolts in that far - may not be far enough for a van but that's for you to decide really. I believe the factory bolts penetrate the hub by 35mm. If I remember correctly, you need at least 7 full rotations of the wheel bolt but check that figure.

Nothing wrong using adapters, If say, they are 20mm thick that means you can only put your wheel bolts in that far - may not be far enough for a van but that's for you to decide really.

Brilliant, love it.:talktothehand

I'm totally undecided on wheels. My preference is a 16 or 17" steel pepper pot like those from a vito, bit ideally don't want to run spacers and in most cases vito wheels have a pretty high offset. When looking at alloys, you start getting into load ratings and I cant find anything for a van other than something new.. even the alloys on the website recommended above listed for a T4 state an ET62, which seems to high..

I had these T5 wheels on my T4. All done by Simon from http://www.scvwcustoms.co.uk/
He knows his stuff when it comes to wheels and provides the full kit, wheels, adapters bolts etc.
Highly recommend him.
13859D3F-1E17-40E4-A2E9-C499207E8E1E.jpeg

Just checked that website. Couldn’t see any TUV or similar certifications for wheel adaptors?

Yep - he is a one man band, so clearly nothing official.
If you check his FB page he has a massive throughput & I from my previous experience I'd use him time and time again for wheels, suspension & small mech work.
Each to their own.

Call me old fashioned but I do like a bit of FE analysis/certification with my safety critical items.

46026474A32BF-9DE8-4B80-B4AB-1B5BD4573CB2.jpegD94290C8-73B0-42A9-B301-F4EE9AAE20A9.jpeg

Found these images too. Shows off the adapters fitted too. (Nice new brakes were fitted at the same time.)
All in if I remember well they were 550ish, with tyres (part works, but all premium branded.)
I then sold the old alloys and so they worked out as a very cheap tyre change for me.