Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from Berlin

T

The Trut

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi all,

Sneaking around for a week now, this is a great great forum !
It's time to introduce ourselves although I wanted to wait a few days more to be an official (and happy) Cali's owner.
French family of four (actually four to six, depending, two are almost adults now and live in France) living in Germany and coming from Marco Polo world.
We are about to go pick up our new Cali Ocean Blue in Hannover, and use this occasion to visit VW factory.

The reason why we are a bit in advance in the "introduce yourself" area is because I've just read a post to which I wish to answer.

See U all in a few days to tell you more about our new van.

Please excuse my written english. Natively speaking French, working mostly in German and writing in English... is kind of confusing sometimes !

Please excuse my written english. Natively speaking French, working mostly in German and writing in English... is kind of confusing sometimes !

English looks great. Great to see people from the continent, we plan to travel quite a bit over there so would be great to get together with some fellow Cali owners.

Welcome , like me not speaking englisch but Dutch (Flemmisch) your englisch only gets better using this forum , also your Cali knowledge will improve a lot !

What are your plans in Hannover factory?

Hi all,

Sneaking around for a week now, this is a great great forum !
It's time to introduce ourselves although I wanted to wait a few days more to be an official (and happy) Cali's owner.
French family of four (actually four to six, depending, two are almost adults now and live in France) living in Germany and coming from Marco Polo world.
We are about to go pick up our new Cali Ocean Blue in Hannover, and use this occasion to visit VW factory.

The reason why we are a bit in advance in the "introduce yourself" area is because I've just read a post to which I wish to answer.

See U all in a few days to tell you more about our new van.

:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome
Nothing wrong with your English, in fact would put some 'Homegrown' to shame.

Thank you all very much for your warm welcome.

@hotel california. We are supposed to visit VW factory. It's apparently proposed to whom is taking delivery of his vehicule directly at the factory.
I had the choice : pay 400€ and have it delivered in Berlin or take a day off, raise to Hannover, visit the factory and come back with the Cali... Let me think about it for one and an half second... :rolleyes:

Ok , you took the option to pick up at Hannover visitors center .
But don't think you get to see the Cali plant , only the T5 plant . Could be wrong doh , anyway a great thing to do !

Here we are, happy owners of a Ocean blue Cali.
Happens to be a model of 2018 (nice surprise) !.
The visit of the plant was a hammer (even if, as hotel california wrote, the Cali plant is a few miles away). Did you know that our Calis get a temporary plastic rooftop to go from Hannover main plant to Cali plant ? Well, as a newbie, I did not ;)

Some pictures :

California Blue Ocean Coté conducteur.jpg California Ocean Blue coté passager.jpg
Interieur California.jpg

Love that color, I wanted to go with the two tone but @Heather didn't like it. Looks great and congrats on the new Cali.

Love the two tone colour & the wheels. Very smart